2004 - 2008 F-150

Crack In My Ram Air Hood!

Old 07-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Unhappy Crack In My Ram Air Hood!

Well after washing my truck yesterday i noticed a 1" crack in my ram air hood. It is in a very visible spot as you can see. I have contacted the manufacturer, but am a little worried that it isnt even a year old yet. I will post updates as i get them. But i think it is not going to be a easy fix. The full size pictures are great for the detail but for speeds sake i have posted compressed pictures.
Before anyone mentions my quality of my paint I am still waiting for my kit to arrive from Meguires, as you can tell i need it badly.
Later Trev

Old 07-01-2005, 01:18 PM
jcc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a little fiber glass filler will fix that right up

Old 07-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Suspended
Krazy, you've been having some bad luck lately!

Old 07-01-2005, 01:32 PM
What hood did you buy?

mikebaby

Old 07-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Sounds weird but, I use my surfboard repair kit on my fiberglass fenders and hood sometimes after I've been through the desert (pre-runner truck, 7 open class) and it holds up pretty well. Just get some filler and resin and you should be good to go for a while.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/li....cfm?gnum=6007

Old 07-01-2005, 03:25 PM
looks like you tried to ram too much air that's why it cracked

Old 07-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Account Deactivated at User's Request
Rock chip.

Old 07-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Well I heard back from Keystone Restyling and they want me to get a quote on how much it is going to cost to repair the hood and then will decide what todo after that. It is still under warrenty, so i dont want to try to repair it myself, not that i could anyways.

mikebaby my hood is a Good Hood made by the above company.

ThumperMX113 you arent kidding, my truck turns a year old and starts to fall apart. Maybe i wash it to much. I also just noticed a small nick in 1 of my new chrome wheels by 1 of the lug nuts, i havent really detailed my wheels till today so im not to sure if it has been there all along.

Man time to start putting rabbit feet on my rearview mirror.
Later Trev

Old 07-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is the crack in the fiberglass or just in the paint? It's hard to tell from the pic.

Old 07-02-2005, 08:06 PM
KRAZY KANUCK sorry to hear about your hood if u remember i asked u about your hood a few months back and i bought the same hood after your recommendation love it so far i was a little disappointed in the finish it says in the add ready to paint, not, but i have a great body shop let me know how it goes hope i don't have the same prob good luck
hope i did not ram to much air in when i went to the strip last week dont know if u saw it or not but i put up my 1/4mi times and dyno nums lastnight.

Last edited by flanaganman; 07-02-2005 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by wandell
Is the crack in the fiberglass or just in the paint? It's hard to tell from the pic.
Unfortunately its actually in the fiberglass.

Originally Posted by flanaganman
KRAZY KANUCK sorry to hear about your hood if u remember i asked u about your hood a few months back and i bought the same hood after your recommendation love it so far i was a little disappointed in the finish it says in the add ready to paint, not, but i have a great body shop let me know how it goes hope i don't have the same prob good luck.
Yeah the body shop I took it to said the same thing, they spent alot of time getting it ready for paint. It is still one awesome looking hood, the best after market one i have seen. I will keep you posted on how they handle this problem.
Later Trev

Old 07-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Well after getting the estimates as requested, the company has not responded to me. I have emailed them, phoned them, and no contact for the last week and a half.

Im getting a little worried, as the hood isnt a cheap mod and i am not to happy that it didnt even last a year without cracking.

Oh well just keeping this post alive till it is resolved.
Later Trev

Old 07-13-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by 1 KRAZY KANUCK
Well after getting the estimates as requested, the company has not responded to me. I have emailed them, phoned them, and no contact for the last week and a half.

Im getting a little worried, as the hood isnt a cheap mod and i am not to happy that it didnt even last a year without cracking.

Oh well just keeping this post alive till it is resolved.
Later Trev
keep us posted Trev.... maybe time to call the BBB..

Old 08-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Well just to update everyone (1 1/2 months and counting), i still have not had this resolved.

I have gone to 3 seperate bodyshops, and the cheapest estimate to get this repaired was around $700. To make things worse none of them would guarantee that it wouldnt crack again in the same spot as there was no way to reinforce the crack.

I am a little disapointed in Phil at Keystone as he has done absolutely nothing to help me resolve this problem. You would think with all the free advertising i have done for them, they would be all over getting this dealt with. My last call has not been returned for the last 3 weeks, not a good sign. Phil has my cell number so its not like he cant reach me.

So anyone thinking about buying a hood from them might want to wait to see if they actually resolve this first.
Later Trev

Old 10-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Well after contacting the BBB i finally recieved my new hood today, October 25th. I still have to get it painted at my expense though. I might just hold off through the winter though as it doesnt really make much sense to get the new hood painted now, and then just have it trashed by the rock chips and crap that winter brings.

Later Trev

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crack In My Ram Air Hood!