2004 - 2008 F-150

#1 Quality Truck JDPowers Award Goes to.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J-150
well I disagree with it. Its nice that the F150 is #1, but I disagree with JD Power methodology.

Sorry. First 90 days is a BS measure of quality. Its a measure of final fit and finish/dealer prep.

I would rather see complaints after 3-5 years along with total dollars spent in repairs for a better sense of quality.

Wanna know how to scrrew with the JD Powers numbers? Do like Hyundai did last year to get on the list. Defer all warranty repairs until day 91. Suddenly you have ultra low initial 90 day claims.
If they are asking owners themselves (which I assume they do) who cares how Hyundai classifies them. The complaints would still be lodged by the owner, no way for Hyundai to hide that.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by vader716
If they are asking owners themselves (which I assume they do) who cares how Hyundai classifies them. The complaints would still be lodged by the owner, no way for Hyundai to hide that.

sure there is... just like the sheep that buy Honda and Toyota and believe the service managers when they tell them that the problems in question are "characteristic" traits of "insert feature here"

And they believe it until they come to a site like this (after 90 days) and find out the dealer is full of crap.

Ever been to a Toyota dealer? The first thing they do is tell you nothing is wrong. Its all in your head. When that doesn't work, they blame the driver for abusing the vehicle. They treat every driver like a 16 yo girl (dumb and gullible regarding car repair)

My wife had a Toyota and we tried several dealers and they are all like that. The dealer experience is why that was the last Toyota we will buy.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:35 AM
WTG Ford. It's no big surprise. I didn't think the Titan would do That bad...

J150, I think you're Grasping...

I think it's a good indicator. Typically if you don't have any problems within the first 3 months you're pretty much good to go. Ford just makes a heck of a truck. 33,000 miles on mine and it rides and looks as good as the day I bought it. (At least I "think" it's been good, maybe the dealer Jedi-mind tricked me to believe it is when it's actually a hunk of junk...)

Last edited by BHibbs; 05-19-2005 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Ever been to a Toyota dealer? The first thing they do is tell you nothing is wrong. Its all in your head. When that doesn't work, they blame the driver for abusing the vehicle. They treat every driver like a 16 yo girl (dumb and gullible regarding car repair)
Hmm, sounds like Ford, I had to take my truck in 3 times before they admitted my knocking was cam phaser knock. Then I had it towed in because my Ebrake was locked up. They drove it and said nothing was wrong till I went through exactly how to do it again (even though I told them before). Now I need to make an apointment to get my Climate Control checked out because the vents are making loud groaning/grinding noises. I will see if they can duplicate that right away or not. All this with less then 2500 miles on my truck

Old 05-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by J-150
My wife had a Toyota and we tried several dealers and they are all like that. The dealer experience is why that was the last Toyota we will buy.
I had a Toy truck for 11 years. I had a bad experience with one Toy dealer, then found another down the road that never treated me badly. The only thing I couldn't find was a good Pontiac dealer...I'm not sure they exist...I'd buy another Toy in a heartbeat if they had a full-size truck that could handle my work needs. (After my Ford dies, that is...I love me F150)

Old 05-19-2005, 05:08 PM
As far as the Land Rover numbers go, they do fall under the Ford ownership blanket now, so I think they will improve in the next few years.

Old 05-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Account Deactivated at User's Request
And this is surprising?

Quick Reply: #1 Quality Truck JDPowers Award Goes to.....