2004 - 2008 F-150

My brakes failed, causing me to slam into my garage!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My brakes failed, causing me to slam into my garage!!!!

I just got home from work and went to pull into the garage, I was costing and went to hit the breaks to slow down to ease into the garage and my brakes FAILED!! Went right to the ground, causing me to panic and hurry up and put the truck in park to stop it, but it was to late! I slammed right into the center pole of our garage, bucking the center pull in and just about took the hole damn garage down!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!! I’m pissed, so I called the dealer and there sending road side assistance as we speak to toe my truck into the dealer!! A little bit of paint marks on my front bumper from the garage, and A LOT of damage to the garage itself! I’m going to just tell this dealer to keep my truck, I HATE MY TRUCK! I already have a lemon law suit going against it as we speak, but it’s taking forever to get a settlement, and my trucks getting worse and worse every week!! I’m soo pissed!

Old 04-25-2005, 03:31 PM
man that sux, in that situation who pays for the garage to be fixed, home owners insurance, car insurance, Ford motor companey, or the most likely one of them all, you?

Old 04-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Suspended
Karma is a bitch..

No just kidding, that really sucks!

Old 04-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Banned
Originally posted by HHIFX4
man that sux, in that situation who pays for the garage to be fixed, home owners insurance, car insurance, Ford motor companey, or the most likely one of them all, you?
I have no idea at this point who pays for it! I don't know what to do yet, I'm just so frustrated and mad right now!

Old 04-25-2005, 03:34 PM
that sucks. and look at your post count now "666"...YIKES!

Old 04-25-2005, 03:35 PM
i would let them keep the truck, i hope you get a selltlement out of that lemon law, if you have a lawyer helping you, tell them about the garage, they may be able to add it to the settlement. if not, your homeowners will cover it

Old 04-25-2005, 03:38 PM
sucks for you. out of nowhere your brakes just failed? hard to believe.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Banned
Originally posted by SteveVFX4
that sucks. and look at your post count now "666"...YIKES!

things just don't get any better do they? I heard about this trucks sometimes having there brakes dropping to the ground, but nothing like that has ever happend to me before until today! Just my luck! I swear, if theres any known problems with these trucks, my truck has it! (I'm not kidding) I've never knew about any car or truck having as many problems as I have had in 5 months I have had it! Gosh I wish this settlement can be done soon! This is just getting to dangerous now with my truck and now failing brakes!

Old 04-25-2005, 03:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And the saga continues! Hang in there Triton.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:59 PM
That's a bum deal Triton, I'm sorry to hear of yet another prob. for your list. I'd tell 'em to keep it at this point, For safety reasons
I'd refuse too drive that truck. It could have been worse you could have killed someone or yourself if they failed under different
circumstances ..........

Old 04-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Well, I was gonna buy your truck, but not now!
Good luck with the lemon law...

Old 04-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Banned
Road side assitance just left the house. It's such a bummer to see such a Beautiful truck on the back of a toe truck! I wrote a letter to the dealer on what happend today on 3 other problems that need to be fixed as well. They are

--a surge from the engine just before the truck stops at a red light, feels like I'm getting rear ended every stop I make

--Heavy burning smell coming from truck after driving 10 miles or more

--Loose clamp that hold the exhuast on underneath the truck under drivers seat (I can see white smoke pouring out from there on cold mornings)

--now today, major brake failer!

I'm so bummed out, I'm at a lost for words anymore. The garage got major damage to it and I don't know whos going to pay for it. I love F-150's but I HATE mine now! It's dangerous to drive now and I'm acually begining to get scared to drive it.

Old 04-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by TritonXLT

--Heavy burning smell coming from truck after driving 10 miles or more

How long has that one been going on? I think I would have got that looked at sooner. You need to be careful since you have a LL case pending, don't want to give Ford any ammo to say you've abused the truck.

Old 04-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Banned
Originally posted by Thayer
How long has that one been going on? I think I would have got that looked at sooner. You need to be careful since you have a LL case pending, don't want to give Ford any ammo to say you've abused the truck.
it's been going on for about 2 weeks now with the burning smell. I let Ford know already when it started, but told me I can't have a rental car until May 5th, so I was having to wait till then to get a rental car. Now since my truck has to be in the dealer now, I'm having them fix what ever the burning smell is now. I still don't have a rental though, they told me to call around 7 this evening to see if anyone has dropped off a rental I can have.

Old 04-25-2005, 05:11 PM
You know, I ain't one to disbelieve anyone, nor would I accuse anyone of any fowl play, but Mr. Triton, are you sure you're driving a Ford?

I may be a bit late to your numerous posts and problems, but have you ever posted a picture of this truck?

I'm not quite sure what I'm getting at, but I'm just not real sure about all this and would love to hear and see more.

Call me a cinic, but somebody's got to look out for us F1fitty owners!

Quick Reply: My brakes failed, causing me to slam into my garage!!!!