F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   Fx4 Meaning (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/192979-fx4-meaning.html)

TX-FX-4 02-23-2006 12:48 AM

I really liked the interior of my FX4. The gauges, the seats, the color options, the grille the wheels. It has alot of catchy features that looked very tough and matched very nicely. I too think of it as Ford's version to compete with the Z71. The Lariat was very nice with rear-sliding galss and reverse sensors but when I was looking at them they were cheaper than the FX4 which was about 2600 more. Perhaps it was the market or added options on the truck, I don't know. I think you could get either truck with the SAME features if you purchase them as options. They are both good trucks. I think their marketing strategy attracts the younger crowd to the FX4 and the Lariat to a more business type individual. Besides, we modify these trucks so much with lifts, and upgrades that either can probalby do the EXACT same thing. THEY ARE BOTH GREAT.:beers:

jimmy k 02-23-2006 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by freekyFX4
LOL! OK, it means that my wife, girlfriend, and parents had nothing to do with the purchase of my truck!:D

My wife got the Eddie Bauer...the equivalent of a Lariat in the Explorer. She likes all that pampering crap. My FX4 listed for $38,000, which is more than most Lariats.

So what does your girlfriend drive?:devil:

Matthew J Peake 09-24-2016 08:15 AM

Fx4 vs xtr

I just bought a 2010 F150. I'm trying to figure out what package it has It says XTR on the side but it doesn't have any of the wood grain or anything like that. But according to the Vin number comes up as 2010 FX4 but it doesn't have the floor shifter like I've read and some posts. Now it does have a lift kit with aftermarket wheels and tires it's got the 4.6 L it's got the fog lights the leather wrapped steering wheel the chrome step sides and chrome exhaust tip. But all those except for the steering wheel could have been put on after market so do I just go by the Vin number and call it an FX4 and rip the XTR stickers off or what should I do

05RedFX4 09-24-2016 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew J Peake (Post 5203073)
I just bought a 2010 F150. I'm trying to figure out what package it has It says XTR on the side but it doesn't have any of the wood grain or anything like that. But according to the Vin number comes up as 2010 FX4 but it doesn't have the floor shifter like I've read and some posts. Now it does have a lift kit with aftermarket wheels and tires it's got the 4.6 L it's got the fog lights the leather wrapped steering wheel the chrome step sides and chrome exhaust tip. But all those except for the steering wheel could have been put on after market so do I just go by the Vin number and call it an FX4 and rip the XTR stickers off or what should I do

Remember the conversion vans from back in the 90's, well your XTR is a aftermarket conversion and sold thru ford dealers with a jacked up sticker price. They started off with an STX and added the extras. Starting in 2009 all FX4's and lariats came standard with floor shift (not optional like the 04-08's were) and they all came with a 5.4, a 4.6 was not available.

I personally would never buy a XTR new, you end up paying 12-15K for 4K worth of wheels, tires, and lift.

DSGSTX81 09-25-2016 07:53 AM

Best I remember reading XTRs are just Canadian XLTS with the XTR being an option package.

05RedFX4 09-25-2016 08:03 AM

Maybe, but I seem to remember some dealers selling trucks with tacky body kits, and/or lift and tires and an astronomical mark-up. I thought they were called XTR's

Anyway, his truck is based off either an STX or an XLT, as all FX4's in that year were 5.4 equipped. Not until 2011 did you get a choice in engines in the FX4's and up.

DSGSTX81 09-25-2016 02:24 PM

Agreed on the 5.4, I remember now--those trucks were called FTX

Good looking jacked street queens lol