2004 - 2008 F-150

ebay products

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 12:17 AM
#LT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ebay products

has anyone purchased the nerf bars or grills off ebay? if so, are they made of good quaility? they are about a thrid of the price, but if they aren't made of good quaility i'm more than willing to pay more for it. any input is appreciated and if they aren't good please tell me a good place where i can purchase them.

thank you in advance.

Old 03-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Depends on the brand being sold on eBay.
I might be selling my brand new side bars that came on my truck. They are the chrome tube kind that bolts to the frame from the factory.

Old 03-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Arrow

I got my bars and and my billet grills off ebay, all awesome stuff. Just check sellers feedback...

Old 03-07-2005, 12:35 AM
#LT
i just took another look and they don't have the company names who made the products listed. there are several different sellers on there selling these products, all ranging from 100 to 130 dollars, which is pretty cheap for nerf bars (compared to name brands for 300+). i see that some people have name brands like westin on there, but for more money.

also, i did check the feedback. i think most of these feedbacks are replied directly after installing the product; which are the initial thoughts of the product. i'm wondering if these products will last. i have a friend who had nerf bars installed his truck and was very satified with it, until two months later when it began squeaking each time you step on it. he took it off and added some loctite on it, and only a week later, the same results, all bolts are tight...

thanks for your feedback and any more input is appreciated

Old 03-07-2005, 01:25 AM

I have used ebay for alot of mods to my 01 screw. Here's the list of what i got from ebay, or at least the more expensive big stuff.
-Chrome step bars
-Stainless brush guard (from Hunter, Premium Truck Accesories)
-new carbon fiber taillights
-K&N air intake

I cant remember who made the step bars, but I have had them for about 5 months and havnt had any problems. Its not name brand and their isnt any logos anywhere on it (such as on the step like Westins) It was also cheap like 150 or something. So far so good with it, shines up nice.

Old 03-07-2005, 06:04 AM
I also bought some off ebay for around $175.00 shipped, but I've only had them about a month. They look just like the Westin's and seem to be of good quality. They are made the same way as the more expensive bars. I guess time will tell if they hold up, so far so good! Beats around $400.00 for the same thing around here.

Old 03-07-2005, 04:18 PM
#LT
thanks for the replies

Old 03-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by #LT
i just took another look and they don't have the company names who made the products listed. there are several different sellers on there selling these products, all ranging from 100 to 130 dollars, which is pretty cheap for nerf bars (compared to name brands for 300+). i see that some people have name brands like westin on there, but for more money.

also, i did check the feedback. i think most of these feedbacks are replied directly after installing the product; which are the initial thoughts of the product. i'm wondering if these products will last. i have a friend who had nerf bars installed his truck and was very satified with it, until two months later when it began squeaking each time you step on it. he took it off and added some loctite on it, and only a week later, the same results, all bolts are tight...

thanks for your feedback and any more input is appreciated
I just purchased a pair today off of ebay for $129.00 + $45 shipping + $5 insurance. I'm sure this is the company you are looking at. I'll let you know how they are. Hopefully they will be here by Friday, but I doubt it since I'm in Georgia and they are in Cali.

Old 03-07-2005, 05:15 PM
I bought the nerf bars from popularlink.com off of ebay. They looked great when they were new. After 2 months, the chrome has "stripes" in it that i havent been able to polish out. They look OK though, other than that.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:40 PM
I just bought the same bars as Smokeneck, they should arrive sometime this week. I'll letyou know what I find.

Old 03-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way but this question is more for the Mods than anything. My FYI topic got moved to General which I totally understand. Afterall, it's not specific to the 2004-2005 F Series Truck. Now my question is, how is this thread related? I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out where I should post certain things and what not. I want to make sure I have them under the proper topics.

Thanks.

Old 03-07-2005, 11:59 PM
#LT
thanks for keeping me updated. gobra, that's exactly what i'm worried about, the chrome not looking good, or chrome paint peeling on edges etc.

thw420 and articcat, thank you and please let me know how you like them and the qauility of build and maybe which user you used.

sacramentojoe - sorry that your thread was moved. this thread is more of a mod and the only way it is related is that i have a 2004 f150. i'm wanting opinions from people who has the 2004-05 f150's. this way i know how these "cheaper" bars fit on the 04-05 models.

Old 03-08-2005, 01:53 AM
No worries. Just trying to figure it all out.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:16 PM
good product

I just put these on my 05 scab - truckparts411 was the ebay seller.
Product seems really nice, shipping was fast. Install was about an hour (less, if I could remember who the heck borrowed my air rachet)

Overall, a really good deal.

-Rich

Old 03-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Re: good product

Originally posted by rzims
I just put these on my 05 scab
Put what on?

CD

Quick Reply: ebay products