ebay products

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, the 3" stainless nerf barfs

-Rich

Old 03-16-2005, 03:46 PM
I received my ebay nerf bars (chrome finish) from truckparts411 last night. I got them put on in about 30-45 minutes. The instructions suck. It's just one piece of paper with 4 pictures. Once you figure it out, it's fairly simple. The installation went smooth and the finish on the product seems very nice.

I weigh 235 lbs and I got up on them and jumped around a little. They had very very little give. I was impressed. They look great and I would recommend them to anyone for the price!

Obviously I've only had them for about 15 hours, but from what I can see so far, they are a quality product.

The packaging was sturdy and the shipping was on-time and quick.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:54 PM
I bought the Nasta all stainless nerfs for my truck on ebay. Might want to take a look here on ebay for ones for your truck. I have nothing but good things to say about this seller and the Nasta products. Where I live we have to deal with road salt and stainless was the only way to go, but these bars even have the mounting hardware in stainless. I ordered (honest I was nervous about it too) these on ebay before Christmas and received them in less than a week. Around 3 months later I have absolutely NO REGRETS, awesome product. So I guess it depends on what you buy off ebay, but these nerfs were definitely a positive.

vroten

Old 03-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by thw420
I received my ebay nerf bars (chrome finish) from truckparts411 last night. I got them put on in about 30-45 minutes. The instructions suck. It's just one piece of paper with 4 pictures. Once you figure it out, it's fairly simple. The installation went smooth and the finish on the product seems very nice.

I weigh 235 lbs and I got up on them and jumped around a little. They had very very little give. I was impressed. They look great and I would recommend them to anyone for the price!

Obviously I've only had them for about 15 hours, but from what I can see so far, they are a quality product.

The packaging was sturdy and the shipping was on-time and quick.
I bought my nerf bars from truckparts411 as well. I've had them for months and I am really happy with them. They are stainless steel with the chrome finish. I agree, the instructions sucked but I was able to figure it out.

The nerf bars are no-name, but have the same quality as a name brand bars. I weigh 220 and have had no problems and no play on my SCREW.

The only problem I had was the first pair came dented from truckspart411. They came from California to Florida via ground freight so you can imagine. I was very impressed with the customer service. I called them and they shipped me new pair wo/ me returning the damaged ones.

Old 05-05-2005, 10:58 PM
I have got'en lots of stuff on my truck from ebay. Just gotta check feedback and stuff! Always be careful on ebay. Its awesome but can be totally uncool!

Last edited by dusty_69_18; 05-05-2005 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Suspended
I've bought plenty of stuff off of Ebay.

I bought my leveling kit, the chrome door handles, my Westin Bull Bar.

Old 05-06-2005, 12:31 AM
i got the stainless nerf bars for my '01 1 year ago also from truck parts 411.

the finish is fine and they are holding up well. the only problem is the black plastic steps on the driver side lifted on one end a little. doesnt really bother me, and i could prolly fix it with some epoxy. just a heads up.. but still a great deal for the $180 i paid for them

Old 05-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I bought a stainless still grill and its great, included the Bumber grill also, $ 76.00, can't beat it!

Old 05-06-2005, 12:43 PM
I bought my nerf bars from a vendor on ebay, total came to $200 shipped. They were dealsofsteel or something like that. Anyway, that was a year ago and they still look great, even through the winter. I would be sure to read a lot of ebay reviews first with anything you buy.

Old 05-06-2005, 03:16 PM
#LT,

I have purchased several things off of ebay from both commerical dealers and private seller. Everytime I have recieved the items exactly as described. Its also a great way to get a ballpark price on mods before negotiating local prices.

My most recent experience was with the 3" tubular Step bars from truckparts411. The "buyitnow" price for the stainless steel chromed bars for my '04 SCAB was $129.00 +$45 shipping. I made my purchase on a Monday morning before 8am and they were waiting outside my door Tuesday when I got home from work. Less than an hour later installation was complete. Excellent quailty parts, durable finish, perfect fit to factory openings.

I have also purchased the PUTCO ABS chromed handles for the doors and tailgate; and the 2.5" Autospring leveling kit. Never a problem

Locally I would have paid over $500.00 for these items + extra for installation whereas I only paid about $300.00 and did the work myself.

Ox

Last edited by Oxlander; 05-06-2005 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Door handle overlays.

Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I've bought plenty of stuff off of Ebay.

I bought my leveling kit, the chrome door handles, my Westin Bull Bar.
Which chrome door handles did you get? Replacement ones, or the stick-on overlays? I've been looking at the stick-on overlays found on E-Bay but have a few concerns before purchasing them. Are the ABS chrome ones OK? How long will they last? I have keyless entry and wonder if the overlay will have any effect on pressing the buttons when entering my code. Some of the pics of these look like the buttons end up being somewhat recessed after applying the overlay. I really don't like the black ABS and hate the clean up or taping off of them when a wax job is in order. I'm on a budget so I don't have big bucks for this mod. I just want better looking handles that will be easier to keep clean. Anybody here have these overlays on their truck? How do you like them?

Thanks!!

Old 06-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Suspended
Check my gallery for pictures of the TFP chrome door handle covers.

Im pretty sure only TFP and Putco make the overlays, just find out which one your getting when you order them. Personally I like the TFPs better but each to his own. They don't affect the key pad either. I really wouldn't know how long they last cause I've only had them for a couple of months but they look brand new. Just get them!

Old 06-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Most of my mods so far have been off of e bay! Found a great deal on stainless upper AND lower grill for $76.00

Old 06-08-2005, 11:26 PM
When talking to people about ebay ... it seems to be a love/hate thing ... it is just a huge online marketplace for new and used items ... free-for-all fleemarket & retail outlet combined.

Some things are more risky ... and with a little study you can minimize risk.

Personally I've done a ton of ebay ... but the only things from there for my truck so far was some hole plugs and shop manual DVD's.

Old 06-09-2005, 12:46 PM
I bought some nasta all stainless steel from a seller on ebay... i believe this one but in the supercab form

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

I've had it on for about 6 months and so far, so good. Install instructions were terrible but after you figure it out, it's a cinch. I also did a local pickup and they do have an auto performance parts storefront so if you do plan on buying from this sell, its a reputable place. good luck

Quick Reply: ebay products