2004 - 2008 F-150

Wiring PIAA Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring PIAA Lights?

I recently purchased a set of PIAA 520 Driving & Fog Lights for my 2004 XLT 4X4 Screw. I am mounting them on my ranch hand brush guard, but do not have very much experience with this type of mod. I can handle mounting the lamps, mounting the relay, and hooking up the leads to the battery. But, I do not know how/where to take the wires through the fire wall. In addition, it appears I need to attach a switch wire to some power supply to elimuniate the switch light when the lights are in the on position. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:17 PM
How you wire it up depends on how you want them to work. If you want them to work whenever you flip the switch, you need to get constant power to the switch. If you want them to work only with the ignition on, you need an ignition switch wire (my notes from a mod I did says blue with a green stripe under the steering wheel.) If you only want them to come on with your brights, you need the brights wire (this is how I did my driving lights mod, my notes say yellow wire on cable going to the steering wheel stalk switch.)

I pulled a 20 ga wire through the same grommet the main wiring harness goes through on the driver's side with a short piece of 1/16" welding rod with a small loop in the end. I think other people have found a different route and maybe they will chime in. Good Luck!

Old 03-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Umm, ranch hand brush guard, I wanted one but gave up waiting on the guys in Shiner to build it.
I used the main wiring harness grommet as well and for power I used the trailer light plug and the connector wiring. You'll probably want to tie your switch light into the dash board lighting circuit unless you want it lit all the time.
Good luck and post some pictures when your finished!!

Old 03-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Thank you both for your help! I post some pics soon.

Quick Reply: Wiring PIAA Lights?