F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   Help me fix this squeak! (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/187477-help-me-fix-squeak.html)

TritonXLT 02-25-2005 02:22 PM

Help me fix this squeak!

On the drivers side of the dash, you know that red light that flashes on and off? Thats why my squeak is coming from! I took some silicone spray the frist time and sparyed it down. That worked for a week. Sprayed it down the week after, and once again it only worked for a week.

Have any ideas on how to permanetly stop that squeak??

Fruitcake 02-25-2005 07:00 PM

I have a rattle in the same location. It makes more noise when I'm truning right, but I have never been able to fix it.

I think the only way to fix our problems is to turn up the radio. :rolleyes:

TritonXLT 02-26-2005 08:57 AM

Originally posted by Fruitcake
I have a rattle in the same location. It makes more noise when I'm truning right, but I have never been able to fix it.

I think the only way to fix our problems is to turn up the radio. :rolleyes:

I'm not able to just live with it! lol I can't handle squeaks or rattles at all! I'm going to go out later today when it warms up a little more and un screw that red light thing thats making all the noise and see what maybe it is thats causing the squeak! It's so hard to work in that area though since the front window gets in the way. I won't stop until I fix it, I can't handle squeaks, and I can't turn up the radio much more until I blow out the speekers! lol I hope I can fix it, or I'll just take a hammer to it and see if it stops then!:lol:

Scubaman 02-26-2005 09:07 AM

Dude I know what you mean I have a rattle in the front and I will check the light thanks. I cant stand rattles but beware you dont get a stiff frame like our trucks and no rattles.

Scubaman 02-26-2005 09:08 AM

Shudder on tak off(In turn)

I just noticed this and read the posts on the forum from search. Is this a serious problem that has to get fixed. What would happen If I did not fix it. Just curious.

TritonXLT 02-26-2005 09:14 AM

Re: Shudder on tak off(In turn)

Originally posted by Scubaman
I just noticed this and read the posts on the forum from search. Is this a serious problem that has to get fixed. What would happen If I did not fix it. Just curious.
I think what your talking about it not the rattle from the red light on the dash, but a shudder in turns?? If thats the care, 99% of the time it's your clutch packs. I had the same problem not to long ago, dealer replaced my clutch packs and lubed the slip yolk and it was smooth as glass afterwards and still is! You might want to get that fixed, but I don't know what might happen if you don't get it fixed. Theres a TSB out for the shudder, so the dealer knows how to fix it. Goodluck with it!

MRBIG 02-26-2005 09:24 AM

As for the sqeek at the blinking light, I put baby powder on it and it never came back.
The rattle I was told at the dealer that it was because of the add-on deflectors that I put on. I removed them. Test drove the truck and the rattle is still there.
The only place I could come up with from where the rattle is coming from is the windshield trim on the drivers side. If you tap it you can almost reproduce the same sound. Still no fix, I'm working on it.:smoke:

TritonXLT 02-26-2005 09:28 AM

Originally posted by MRBIG
As for the sqeek at the blinking light, I put baby powder on it and it never came back.
The rattle I was told at the dealer that it was because of the add-on deflectors that I put on. I removed them. Test drove the truck and the rattle is still there.
The only place I could come up with from where the rattle is coming from is the windshield trim on the drivers side. If you tap it you can almost reproduce the same sound. Still no fix, I working on it.:smoke:

The dealer told me the same thing about my window defectors making the rattle noise! I laughed right at them pretty much and said they were full of crap, that they didn't want to take the time out to help me, but making excusses to not fix my truck! That was the last time I went to that dealer. I took it to another dealer, and had them put Doubled tape behind that molding right outside of the window to stop it from hitting the window, it works, but I can still slightly hear it sometimes when it's cold out.