2004 - 2008 F-150

Re-indexed wiper arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I noticed the same "mis-allignment" when I ran my new truck in the rain for the first time. I used a slightly different method becuse the key is handy for putting the arms back on. I wanted to straighten out the bend in the arm so I removed the arm and blade and put the arm in a 10" wood working vice that I have so that the top (flat part)of the arm is towards the ceiling. Then by gently pushing backwards, the bend in the arm will straighten out slightly. Put the arm and blade back on and the resting position is parallel with the hood and the blade comes further out to the side of the window pillar when clearing moisture. Engineers definetly goofed on this one.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:58 AM
I just did mine, what a difference. We actually had a huge dump of snow the second day I had my truck and one of the first things that I thought was "man that blindspot from the wipers is really going to be a pain".

Well this tip fixes that, thanks!

Also, next time any of you guys need wipers get these
http://www.tricoproducts.com/part_lo...ype=innovision

I have had them on my last 2 vehicles and they really are worth the extra cost. Great for snow and ice and you will use less wiper fluid too.

Old 08-28-2006, 01:23 PM
I went out and re-indexed my drive side and it does make a difference. Now to get rid of the stock 20" blades and all will be well. Thanks for the advice.

Old 08-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by ncsufire
I went out and re-indexed my drive side and it does make a difference. Now to get rid of the stock 20" blades and all will be well. Thanks for the advice.
Yeah this is a good one, Even though it started so long ago it's in my saved threads...I just bought some 22" silicone blades and plan on doing this after work today.

Quick Reply: Re-indexed wiper arms