F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   I have X-plan pins (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/173069-i-have-x-plan-pins.html)

Pickup Man 10-27-2004 10:23 PM

Originally posted by loosebolt

They just offered us to give up a few A plan pins in exhange for a greater number of X plan pins.

First, thank you for doing a great service to everyone. Secondly, don't you have to work for Ford to have an A plan?

mpcv2000 10-27-2004 10:30 PM

I think he means : employees can have ( Example ) 2 A-Plan per year and Ford probably ask them to trade 2 A-plan for 5 X-plan , It's end of 2004 and I'm sure they want to move some vehicules out of their lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong I was just reading between the lines of his post ! :)

Pickup Man 10-27-2004 10:37 PM

But you can give an X plan pin to anyone, and you can't give away an A plan pin, so if that was how it went down, would he then have to buy 2 cars on A plan himself to use the pins?

KC8FLB 10-27-2004 10:40 PM

I would have to go and check the a-plan website but I am pretty sure we get 4 A-plan pins(a-plan only for employees and direct family members) and 6 x-plan pins (to be given to people nominated by the Ford employee, that might be purchasing a competitive vehicle, in hopes that they will buy the Ford)

Right now we can "trade-in" any of our 4 A-plan pins for x-plan pins, so we could potentionally have 10 x-plan pins to give out.

BrazenC5 10-28-2004 02:17 AM

To use or not to use my X-plan...

Just some additional information from my experience when I bought my truck. My company provides X-plan as an employee benefit, but just so you know, its a discount off of MSRP.When I priced several different trucks in local inventory using X-Plan, I averaged about a $4.5k discount off an average $36k MSRP. When you go to the dealer, they must show you the invoice, and then you can see how much off invoice you are paying with the X-plan.

I also went to edmunds.com and asked for price quotes from several dealers to be emailed to me. I got several back, and one stated that they would offer me any Ford truck for $200 under invoice. I went to their lot and didnt find a truck I wanted, so I took the email to another dealer and asked if they would match the offer, and they had no problem saying yes! I ended up buying an 04 FX4 with MSRP of $36.1k (after options), and he had no problem showing me the invoice of $31.2k. No haggling either.

Shop Around: $31.2k (invoice) - $200 - $4.5k (mfg rebates)= $26.5k

X-plan: $36.1k (MSRP) - $4.5k (X-plan) - $4.5k (mfg rebates)= $27.1k

Asking for quotes online saved me $600 more than the X-plan, and the sales guy mentioned that a customer will normally get a better deal through "internet" fleet managers. I guess the world is smaller and competition is stiffer when you have the ability to query several dealers with the touch of a button. :rocker:

YMMV :beers:

loosebolt 10-28-2004 07:02 AM

Pickup Man, yes you have to be a Ford employee, or close family of, to receive an A plan pin.

KC8FLB is correct.

I did not use all my A plan pins for this year, so I am offering to convert them to X plan pins if anyone interested.

moc1 10-28-2004 09:00 AM

Here is a newspaper article about the A plan to X plan swap.

http://www.courier-journal.com/business/news2004/10/28/D1-ford28-4667.html[/url]

silver-gt-vert 10-28-2004 09:43 AM

Originally posted by mpcv2000
Yes I did....

What are you doing here ?

Man this is a small world ...... :wave:

What's going on in Southern Florida ?

Small world indeed. I too traded in the ole' Stang. And from what I can see so did other coutless people on this board!

Mine was giving me a lot of headaches. The T-45 was having problems and my rear end too.

South Florida is awesome as always. It's not just starting to settle in the low 70's temp-wise. Are you jealous? I like this time of year b/c all other times it's 80+ and humid as hell!:rolleyes:

Congrats on the F-150. I love my FX4. I just hit 3000 miles and can't wait to mod the crap out of it. :banana:

dragonsm 10-28-2004 10:20 AM

question on these x-plans

These X-plans, I see they are good for a year. Are they good with only Ford vehicles or all vehicles owned underneath the Ford Motor Company? Unfortunately, I have my truck and don't need to upgrade that, however, my fiance is about due for a car next spring. Would an X-plan work if we decided to look at some of the Mazda's or even the Volvo's?

Thanks,

Steve

KC8FLB 10-28-2004 11:36 AM

X-PLAN works on:
Ford, Lincoln,Mercury, Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo.
Does not say anything about Mazda.

Palumbon 10-28-2004 01:29 PM

Invoice or MSRP

Is tyhe X-plan off dealer invoice or MSRP. I ahve seen it say both in this thread.:confused:

bluestang67 10-28-2004 02:08 PM

The X-PLAN is a set % off MSRP

Fordllllllllll 10-28-2004 06:13 PM

If you get an x-plan pin from a hourly worker........you cant use it on Land Rover,Jaguar,Volvo,and most Mazda's.Theres 3 vehicles a hourly worker can buy from Mazda....one is identical to the ranger,the other is identical to the escape,and the other I think is called the mazda 6 or somethibng like that.The reason hourly workers(union workers) cant buy none of the other ones is because they are not built at a union plant or are built overseas.If you get an x-plan pin from a salary worker .....you can get anything you want.

KC8FLB 10-28-2004 06:42 PM

but just so you know, its a discount off of MSRP

The X-PLAN is a set % off MSRP

A-plan/X-plan is NOT based off of MSRP for Ford/Mercury/Lincoln vehicles!

Big SCrew 10-29-2004 12:07 AM

The X-Plan is 2% over dealer invoice. Even with the X-Plan, you can neg more money off the price. I took them down to $300 under invoice + rebates. I can only generate 2 pins/year and am saving them for family/friends. The earlier post is true though, name/addresss/last 4 of SSN is required to generate pin.

I also get employee pricing on Dodge/chrysler, hyundai, volvo, GM. I work for a very large well know company that partners with everyone! Wonder who that is :lol: