F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   Carriage Works Grille installed! (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/170552-carriage-works-grille-installed.html)

ShadowedFX4 10-02-2004 03:05 PM

Carriage Works Grille installed!

Just finished installing my grille this morning. 6 piece upper and lower bumper grille. Check out my gallery for the pics, i will be added a few more pics soon of others mods and further away from the truck. Also took a few pics of the grille parts and needed tools for install. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions don't hesitate! Install was very simple!!

Mike

shane_wilson 10-02-2004 04:08 PM

how do i get to ur gallery??

04fx4Scab 10-02-2004 04:26 PM

looks good. that's the same on i have on mine.

link to gallery

ShadowedFX4 10-02-2004 05:27 PM

thanks for posting a link 04fx4Scab.....

sorry about that shane, i forgot to add my signature which has the link.

Bullitt4711 10-03-2004 03:23 AM

Looks tight! Thats the grill I am thinking about. How long was install???

ShadowedFX4 10-03-2004 03:30 AM

about 40min..... but i also took my time to get the pics and such.

pa_wolf62 10-03-2004 05:26 AM

cool I have the same thing on my truck.

mastermix 10-03-2004 09:50 PM

Re: Carriage Works Grille installed!

Originally posted by ShadowedFX4
Just finished installing my grille this morning. 6 piece upper and lower bumper grille.
Looks good Mike!!!

Finally got pix of my Carriage Works 6 piece upper and lower grill along with some other mods at the URL below. :rocker:

ShadowedFX4 10-03-2004 10:36 PM

Re: Re: Carriage Works Grille installed!

Originally posted by mastermix
Looks good Mike!!!

Finally got pix of my Carriage Works 6 piece upper and lower grill along with some other mods at the URL below. :rocker:

thanks mastermix! And thanks for all your help/advice on the whole thing... i'm loving the 6piece and glad i went with it over the one piece replacement.

truck looks good man, glad to see you got the new pics up. exhaust looks sweet.... bet its not some good pep with that and the airraid. On a side not, those are not the sylvania blinkers right? They are the ones like the f150store sells?

mastermix 10-04-2004 05:34 AM

Re: Re: Re: Carriage Works Grille installed!

Originally posted by ShadowedFX4
thanks mastermix! And thanks for all your help/advice on the whole thing... i'm loving the 6piece and glad i went with it over the one piece replacement.

truck looks good man, glad to see you got the new pics up. exhaust looks sweet.... bet its not some good pep with that and the airraid. On a side not, those are not the sylvania blinkers right? They are the ones like the f150store sells?

Thanks, glad to be helpful. Those bulbs are the ones Moss(aka f150store) sells.

The sound of the Borla balances the Airaid very nicely, and the truck is very responsive. Next thing to get on is the leveling kit.

BTW as another side note, what brand of window vents are you using? I bought a set of WeatherTechs but I don't like the clip arrangement to hold them up. I like the cleaner look of the ones that go into the window channel but may have to go with ones that stick on.

ShadowedFX4 10-04-2004 10:49 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Carriage Works Grille installed!

Originally posted by mastermix

BTW as another side note, what brand of window vents are you using? I bought a set of WeatherTechs but I don't like the clip arrangement to hold them up. I like the cleaner look of the ones that go into the window channel but may have to go with ones that stick on.

AVS(auto ventshade) I have the stick on, not in-channel. Cheapest place was advance auto parts, paid $29.99, no problems with them.

fx4scab 10-04-2004 11:54 PM

grille

shadowed....I was wanting the billet grill but wasn't for sure if you could put it under the black nostril grill. Whatever you used is the look i'm going for. :thumbsup: Who makes it and where can I get the set? Do you have to take out the honeycomb grill to install the billet pieces? Can you put a full billet grill under the nostril grill or do you have to install the pieces like you did. It looks great anyway.

ShadowedFX4 10-05-2004 12:41 AM

Re: grille

Originally posted by fx4scab
shadowed....I was wanting the billet grill but wasn't for sure if you could put it under the black nostril grill. Whatever you used is the look i'm going for. :thumbsup: Who makes it and where can I get the set? Do you have to take out the honeycomb grill to install the billet pieces? Can you put a full billet grill under the nostril grill or do you have to install the pieces like you did. It looks great anyway.
Its carriage works grille, 6 piece polished kit as well as bumper grille. No removal of the honeycomb, thats used to hold the grille on with nuts/bolts. (check my gallery for image of backside of grille) You can put a full billet grille, from what i understand with the black nostril we have, you have to remove that nostril, and also drill a couple holes behind the grille?? so i've read. Also, if you want that grille its called a replacement grille.