F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   Stull "Beefy" Grill Sucks (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/169052-stull-beefy-grill-sucks.html)

RocketJock 09-19-2004 12:51 AM

Stull "Beefy" Grill Sucks

I've been waiting for Stull's "Beefy" grill for the '04's to come out for 3 months and I am extremely disapointed. The fitment is terrible! It fits along the driver's side of the outer grill, but there's at least a 1/2" gap on passenger side. And there's at least a 1" gap along the top that kills the looks of the thing. The two outside mounting tabs on the bottom didn't line up worth a damn- I had drill one of the bottom holes at about a 30 degree angle to get it to work and the top tabs that the hood bolts go through we so improperly aligned, they probably would have cracked the plastic if I hadn't bent them into a better position before completely tightening the thing down. Additionally, the grill was beat up by the time I got it. I had to bend several of the ribs into something close to straight (even though none of them appear to be welded straight to begin with). The packaging used to ship the thing in is not nearly protective enough. The bumper insert was bent as well and I had to bend one of the ribs to an extreme to get the bolt into its hole from the front. To add insult to injury, the instructions were for the bar style grill- not the honeycomb type that I had- so I had to guess how to make it work which added considerable time to the install and after having done it, I probably would have done it differently if had known. Needless to say, I'd look elsewhere for a grill because I've seen several that look good and obviously fit. Just thought you might want to know.

JohnAndDar 09-19-2004 07:33 AM

RJ,

Can you post a picture?
Are you keeping it or sending it back?

jpdadeo 09-19-2004 08:09 AM

Re: Stull "Beefy" Grill Sucks

Originally posted by RocketJock (snip)
To add insult to injury, the instructions were for the bar style grill- not the honeycomb type that I had- so I had to guess how to make it work which added considerable time to the install and

Since the instructions were wrong, maybe the grill they sent you isn’t for your truck model. Send it back and get the one that fits. Email the company pics of your truck with the grill not fitting properly. Point out the gaps; a reputable co. should fix you right up with a replacement that fits.

Vegas STX 09-19-2004 12:08 PM

jpdadeo is right.

Stull has great products and a good reputation. I am willing to bet they also have good customer service.

ShadowedFX4 09-19-2004 12:42 PM

who knows.... but it sounds to me like he's keeping the grill after all that bending and drilling into his truck to make it fit. i think this post just made my decision on which grill to get... carriage works is probably getting my purchase.

mastermix 09-19-2004 02:51 PM

Originally posted by ShadowedFX4
i think this post just made my decision on which grill to get... carriage works is probably getting my purchase.
Installed Carriage Works 6 piece upper and bumper billet inserts yesterday... done in under 30 minutes. Superb fit and finish. :rocker:

Airaid install today... another story(and thread) entirely. :rolleyes:

http://64.253.39.190/newtruck/TBB/TBB-Thumbnails/8.jpg

True Blue Beast

My Gallery Here

MM

ShadowedFX4 09-19-2004 08:27 PM

glad to hear about the carriage works, sorry to hear about the air raid. I'm gonna go search for that link and see what happened with it all. Later....

Oh...gonna post some pics of the grille?? ....come on, you know you want to!

mastermix 09-19-2004 11:09 PM

glad to hear about the carriage works, sorry to hear about the air raid. I'm gonna go search for that link and see what happened with it all. Later....

Oh...gonna post some pics of the grille?? ....come on, you know you want to!

I'll post up the pics of the mods I did last weekend this week. Oh, and the Airaid install wasn't THAT bad... the sound when I open that throttle up makes me forget all about the difficult part. Now I'm REALLY psyched to get that Borla on! :rocker:

In the meantime check out the grille on roboots21's truck... same grille, same color truck as mine. Everytime I see it... :banana:

http://64.253.39.190/newtruck/TBB/TBB-Thumbnails/8.jpg

True Blue Beast

My Gallery Here

MM

ShadowedFX4 09-19-2004 11:39 PM

wow, im not one for emblems on a vehicle, hence i wanted the full replacement grille..... but man, that looks sweet!

mastermix 09-21-2004 01:21 PM

man, that looks sweet!
Yep, exactly what I said when I saw that setup! Can't help but grin every time I walk up to the truck... thanks roboots! :rocker:

ShadowedFX4 09-21-2004 01:29 PM

mastermix..... i've decided to get the 6piece and bumper grill by carriage works in polished finish. Where did you buy yours from?

I'm looking at either Moss Motors f150 store or truckxpressions.com Reason i'm looking at truckxpressions is they are about $9 cheaper after shipping/tax charges and after i place an order i'll get a 10% discount on all future orders from their company! (then i can order my tonneau at 10% off and they have free shipping for them too)

You or anybody have any feedback, good or bad, about truckxpressions?? I never dealt with them.

Thanks

Mike

mastermix 09-21-2004 04:14 PM

mastermix..... i've decided to get the 6piece and bumper grill by carriage works in polished finish. Where did you buy yours from?

Got mine at Moss along with a couple other bits. Haven't dealt with truckxpressions.

ShadowedFX4 09-22-2004 01:52 AM

anybody else?

no one has dealt with truckxpressions?

ShadowedFX4 09-22-2004 02:08 PM

polished or brushed.... which do you guys prefer? any good/bad as far as wear and tear, longtime problems?