2004 - 2008 F-150

2004 center console to repl. seat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 07:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
projetmech,

That's too bad about the cost. When I looked at the unit on fordpartsonline.com it appeared that there was a bunch of separate pieces to order to assemble a console, but not a "complete" unit that could be ordered. Down the road, you might be able to find what you want at a salvage yard...I might just try that, too.

I have removed the center seat from my bench seat several times. It just takes a firm upward pull.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:19 PM
John...what remains when the seat cushion is removed? I assume the black metal mounting frame (bolted to the driveline hump?) and the power point wiring.

Old 04-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Re: How does it come out?

Originally posted by greggeo
I have the 20 40 20 split seat and read that the center seat lifts up and can be used for storage.... what is the method for getting the seat open to that compartment? thanks guys GG

Maybe they meant the back of the middle seat lifts up for storage.
For those of you without the 40/20/40 front seats I'll explain, if you fold the back of the center seat down you can access a storage compartment, and have an armrest for the right arm.

Old 04-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had some time this morning and pulled the center seat/arm rest out. 4 torx screws bolt it to the floor. Easy enough to get out. Once out I could see that the cushion if pulled up (very forceably) would come out. There are 2 metal U shaped pieces that have a friction fit thru 2 rubber grommets. This might be a good place to put something of value such as a camera, wallet etc.

Once I got it out I measured up the distance between the seats and found the distance to be 14 1/2 inchese at the electric actuators. A search of ebay found a console that should fit. The measurements are 12 in at front 15 at the rear and 23 in long.

I had a rectangular floor mat that I put over the mounting holes and the cuts in the carpet where the seat was until the console gets here. Truck looks better without the seat, even with the space between. Cab looks much larger.

Old 04-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Do you think it might be possible to modify the middle seat so that it could perhaps be on a hinge so that it could just be lifted up? I have the XLT scab. Would love to have that storage space under there.

Some Dodge models have the middle seat lifted up for storage.

Old 04-12-2004, 06:47 AM
That would probably be possible. It wouldn't give a tremendous amount of storage maybe 3 in h by 9 in w by 9 in l. The plus would be that no one would think to look there if they were to break in. If the hinge were in the back I don't think it would work but if the hinge was in the front I think it would work OK.

I always wonder why these high paid design engineers can't come up with the mods that the owners want and accomplish. Maybe on the first model year they aren't that smart but once they see what is done to the trucks if they were to do that at the factory they would take market share. I think the idea on their part is no matter what they build it somebody will buy it. This is probably the subject for another thread.

Old 04-12-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by projetmech
He did a search and found that the console is available however it had to be ordered in pieces. He added it up real quick and said it should be about $1200.00. I think that option has come to a dead end.
I work at the plant that makes these consoles so I could get you one, but I don't think security would be too cool about me walking out with one under my arm.

Old 04-12-2004, 09:32 AM
That would be appreciated but I don't think it would do much for long term employment, let alone career enhacement. WHy are these hunks of plastic so expensive? I realize they have to recoup the cost of the mold and tooling that goes into it. If it was priced within reason I would have bough it and they would have made some money. But since it was so high I didn't buy it and they made no money. I know thats not your fault you just build them. Thats always been the story at car dealers parts departments, way overpriced.

Old 04-12-2004, 12:47 PM
For those who are curious, this is what it looks like under the middle section of the 40/20/40 bench seat when that seat portion is removed:

...and this is the underside of the middle seat:

Old 04-17-2004, 11:30 PM
I did a search on ebay for "floor console" and found a guy that had a bunch of tan consoles for sale bid the minimum $50.00 for along with the $20.00 for shipping. The console was in good shape in fact almost new condition when it got here on friday. I made a bracket and bolted it in - perfect! Problem solved.

Old 04-18-2004, 05:46 AM
projetmech,

Can you post a few pics of the completed console install, please? Can you also post a pic of the bracket you made? Thanks.

I'm glad you found the console at a good price. I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like.

Old 04-18-2004, 12:17 PM
projetmech,

Will you also post a link to the eBay auction or a link to another one of the auctions so we can see what you ordered? Just so if anyone else wants to order one we know what to look for, of course I would need a grey one to match my interior.

Thanks!

Old 04-18-2004, 06:25 PM
The item number on ebay is 2474624584 FORD F150 F250 CENTER FLOOR CONSOLE TAN IN COLOR. I typed in "floor console" THis guy specialty auto parts from Arkansas had the console to me in 4 days, UPS. The distance between the seats as measured at the actuator is about 14.5 inches. This unit slid right in. I used the 4 torx bolts that were there to bolt in a piece of 1 x 10 pine and then shot some 1 inch sheet rock screws thru the bottom of the console into the pine. Nothing fancy, nice and quick can't see it any way.

I'll try to post some pictures when I get the time.

There are tan and gray consoles on ebay.

Old 06-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Anyone looking to trade?

2004 XLT Charcoal Gray

I have the gray center console & would rather have the seat w/ armrest instead.

Old 06-20-2005, 03:40 PM
If you had the Tan interior I'd be all over that like flies on sheet. Man I want that XLT center console...

Quick Reply: 2004 center console to repl. seat?