2004 - 2008 F-150

Looked & Drove 2 new F150's yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 11:12 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs down Looked & Drove 2 new F150's yesterday

Looked at them real close (even one on the service rack...looked at the undercarriage when no-one was around (lunchtime). Nice astetics, like the cab, power is good. But, too many bad things yet...front bumper design is bad- probably subject to damage easily, body fit on the exterior looks good, from the innerpanels, a lot of mis-alignment. frame has a unique design- should be very strong. Even with ordering one, can't get a truck the way I want it...had many more options when I bought my F150 in 1990.

Looked at Chevy, have all the options but too many problems there too including power steering lines that are way too small- has got to build up heat in the pump indicung failure.

I'm passing till they get it right and I can order what i want!

Old 12-28-2003, 11:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't believe you wasted your time looking at chevies. My brother has an '03 GMC S/C SLT and it doesn't have half the frame of an '04 f-150. They GM's are ok if you want a cushy suspension that wallows alot.

Old 12-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Frank...you're right on the $...the one that actually looked halfway decent was the chev SS limited edition.....basically a stripped down 1/2 ton with a camero/corvette drivetrain (6 speed). but the dealers wanted $10k over list...no way!

Old 12-28-2003, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wait for the '05's ....

Ford (hopefully) will redesign the front bumper to put something in the gaping hole that is there currently (towards the bottom).

Ford will also review all the TSB's and feedback from the '04's and make any engineering changes that are necessary.

Then they will add a few options, make some trim level changes, and viola, the 2005 F150 is born!!

I am hoping the King Ranch version will re-appear in F150 form for '05 .... with its awesome seating and the already excellent F150 interior, a King Ranch F150 will be hard to beat!!

Other items I would like to see:

1. Five speed automatic tranny from the SuperDuty offered as an option.

2. HP boost to around 340-350.

3. Fix the lousy overhead lighting buttons on the current model (they look like Ford sourced them from a Chevy!!).

4. Redesign the transmission shift lever (center console version) to look more like the one from the Navigator (which is sportier looking).

5. Add the dual zone front climate control from the Expy's.

6. Move and redesign the 'Message Center' LCD display so that one doesn't need the Hubble Space Telescope to read it and others in the truck can read it.

7. Add a Sirius Satellite radio option with an integrated antenna.

Quick Reply: Looked & Drove 2 new F150's yesterday