F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   Okay here is my Crash Test Report (Ooooops) (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/138427-okay-here-my-crash-test-report-ooooops.html)

freddy40 12-04-2003 07:06 AM

Okay here is my Crash Test Report (Ooooops)

Actually it is my wife who did the crash test for you all...hehehehe

As she was leaving the parking garage where she works, she went around a somewhat blind corner and hit a Black Honda civic which was stopped in the traffic lane. Apparently the Honda was waiting for a car to back out so they could leave together.

My wife hit the back left corner of the Honda with the front right corner of our new 2004 Lariat Screw (Black). They both got out, saw no noticeable damage and went about their way. They both work for the same company and know each other well.

When I got home from work, I put her truck in the garage and began to closely examine if any damage was done. YEP, there was damage. Here is a list of what:

1. Right corner of bumper was pushed in far enough that it was rubbing the tire when wheel was turned. A good friend of mine is an old body repair man, who happened to have a portable hydraulic frame tool brought it over and with a little tweaking here and their the bumper is like new.

2. Fender bracket which attaches fender to frame for rigidity. Broke, will need replaced.

3. Black housing for running lights, Broke, but probably won't need replaced.

4. Bumper mount frame tab, bent, but not much we could do with it.

5. Paint (Black) - scuffed but not scratched. I think rubbing compound of some kind could easily remove it.

Overall - Thankful no one got hurt and that no insurance companies needed to get called.

Did kinda of tell me that the trucks are made to absorb impacts no matter how slow your going and that parts, and pieces will break, crack and bend to absorb the impact. My wife thought she was going no more than 5 mph around the corner when she hit the Honda.

If you didn't know this bumper had been bent you couldn't tell.

Everyone have a safe day and remember parking garages can be brutal......

freddy :banana:

vocabulaic 12-04-2003 11:27 AM

That's nice--- going to be fun when the Civic calls in a hit&run on her once he realizes that he can get some $$$....

Always report traffic incidents.

TruBluScru 12-04-2003 11:56 AM

Did you read his post?

He said his wife and the Honda person work together and know each other well. It's annoying when people don't read posts before they spout off an obnoxious remark.

Rumluver 12-04-2003 12:13 PM

Tree

Well I would say this wasn't very bad. But it is one more reason not to get rid of my 88' f150 for a new one. I was chasing a dirt road last weekend when all of a sudden a Big A@* tree Jumped in front of me. Now I gave allot of thought to trying to stop but ultimately decided against it. Now I am not talking about a limb in the trail..no no it was the whole tree. I sure would like to know who planted that there. Anyway I digress. When I came to a stop I got out to look and aside from pieces of it intertwined into my bumper and hood there was no damage. IF anything the truck ran better after the whole ordeal. Boy I love my old steal truck.

BrewMaster 12-04-2003 12:19 PM

Re: Tree

Originally posted by Rumluver
I was chasing a dirt road last weekend when all of a sudden a Big A@* tree Jumped in front of me.
those damn trees. they try to jump in front of my 04 too, but it is too quick and agile for them. the desert, believe it or not, has some sneaky ass trees that like to play chicken with 4x4s. we remain victorious!

freddy40 12-04-2003 12:28 PM

vocabulaic That's nice--- going to be fun when the Civic calls in a hit&run on her once he realizes that he can get some $$$....
Vocabulaic read my post before you respond. Please!!!!

Hard to have a hit and run when my wife and the other lady for one - know each other, two - have each others home phone numbers and work numbers etc...

I wrote this to inform other board members how the truck held up in a bumper bender and besides, anyone who owns a new 2004 Supercrew Lariat such as ours, doesn't have any $$$$ so there......

Geez,

freddy:banana:

vocabulaic 12-04-2003 12:28 PM

Originally posted by TruBluScru
Did you read his post?

He said his wife and the Honda person work together and know each other well. It's annoying when people don't read posts before they spout off an obnoxious remark.

Sigh, it's even more annoying to find out a week later that talking to a lawyer made that other person not as friendly... and in trying to keep your insurance down you just got yourself screwed by playing friendly.

Again. Always report traffic accidents.

freddy40 12-04-2003 04:52 PM

vocabulaic,

I refuse to drop to your level and will not discuss with you this subject any further and recommend this thread be closed and you banned.

You obviously have an issue with my story on how the new Ford Trucks bumper held up.

vocabulaic 12-04-2003 05:06 PM

Originally posted by freddy40
Vocabulaic,

Due to your ability to be a jerk, I suggest the moderators close this thread.

Now you have gotten me pissed. You're a self centered jerk and I can only imagine how many times you have turned in uncessary claims to your insurance agent. Maybe your why insurance costs what it does.

I tend to believe and trust in people, but when one, such as yourself, talks about how I am going to get screwed that's it. Do you want to step outside?

To all of the good people on this board excuse my anger, but this guy is a jerk and I have had it with jerks today.

First off... I am being completely serious. Excuse me if I have given you the best legal advise that there is out there. I have only turned in one insurance claim ever (because I don't have the tendency to hit people in parking lots... :bows: ) and that was when a drunk driver ran a red light and t-boned my 2002 Ranger.

Talk to any state officer, hit and run - even at 5MPH, is a big deal. Not reporting an accident is even a felony in a few states, thus, you are acting like I am being a "jerk" by advising you to submit to the laws of the country that you live in. Excuse me again.

But, then again, you can have lots of fun repairing your vehicle yourself, and not having your insurance go up and feel good about yourself: Whatever, I really don't care.

Also, I bet your insurance company will take you reporting a small accident a lot more lightly than finding out you lied about having one and continued to use their service... Now, if you have another accident while the remaining damage from this first hasn't been repaired - they will repair it all, unknowingly... Then, you have felony insurance fraud, and a few other interesting charges.

Sure, I'll step outside anytime, you obviously don't have enough brains to know when to duck and cover.

An extra 10 cool points goes to you for changing your post. Really sweet.

If they ban me because of attempting to give the advice of following the law, that's fine, but you really need to get off of your high horse. It would've been easy for you to say, "Good advice, but not applicable to my situation," or something equally intelligible.

freddy40 12-04-2003 05:15 PM

You are obviously bored. I suggest you go outside and wait for it to snow.

I had to edit this post because I need to ask you what is enteligible....haahahahahaha

lifeguardjoe 12-04-2003 05:18 PM

Originally posted by vocabulaic
First off... I am being completely serious. Excuse me if I have given you the best legal advise that there is out there. I have only turned in one insurance claim ever (because I don't have the tendency to hit people in parking lots... :bows: ) and that was when a drunk driver ran a red light and t-boned my 2002 Ranger.

Talk to any state officer, hit and run - even at 5MPH, is a big deal. Not reporting an accident is even a felony in a few states, thus, you are acting like I am being a "jerk" by advising you to submit to the laws of the country that you live in. Excuse me again.

But, then again, you can have lots of fun repairing your vehicle yourself, and not having your insurance go up and feel good about yourself: Whatever, I really don't care.

Also, I bet your insurance company will take you reporting a small accident a lot more lightly than finding out you lied about having one and continued to use their service... Now, if you have another accident while the remaining damage from this first hasn't been repaired - they will repair it all, unknowingly... Then, you have felony insurance fraud, and a few other interesting charges.

Sure, I'll step outside anytime, you obviously don't have enough brains to know when to duck and cover.

An extra 10 cool points goes to you for changing your post. Really sweet.

If they ban me because of attempting to give the advice of following the law, that's fine, but you really need to get off of your high horse. It would've been easy for you to say, "Good advice, but not applicable to my situation," or something equally intelligible.

I would have to agree with vocabulaic on this one, just because they're "friends" doesn't mean they won't stab you in the back in a heart beat. I would have covered my ass by calling the police. Get off vocabulaic's case for giving you some advice for the future.

And freddy40 for saying that he should be banned? What got your panties in a ruffle? That's a little out there don't you think?

freddy40 12-04-2003 05:22 PM

Maybe it was his spouting off on a side subject which was unreleated to the meaning of this thread.

This board gives everyone the right to view an opinon, but when you start spouting off such as he has, then yes I take offense to it. Keep the conversation to the meaning of the thread and we have no problems then do we....?

Have a good one, I have to go watch it snow outside, because I too am getting bored with this.

bye

Rockpick 12-04-2003 07:04 PM

Originally posted by TruBluScru
Did you read his post?

I totally agree with you...

Rockpick 12-04-2003 07:07 PM

freddy...

Also, very glad to hear that your wife is okay and that no one was hurt in the incident. Dealiing with getting it fixed will be a beyotch but, stick with it.... it'll all come out in the wash. :D

Hang in there bud... It's always interesting to see someone's reaction when a thread gets derailed like this by a **VERY OFF BEAT** comment. Opinions are great but, they play out very weird in some people's hands.

RP :D

TruBluScru 12-04-2003 07:21 PM

1, It's not hit and run. That's the point. His wife contacted the person that she ran into.

2. I don't know what the law is where you live, but in CA you don't have to report an accident to DMV or the police if nobody was injured, and the damage was less than $750. If the damage was as minor as it sounds, then you have no legal obligation to report this accident to anybody.

It appears you have no clue what you are talking about vocabulaic.