1997 - 2003 F-150

Lowered on 16ís

Old 04-13-2019, 02:17 PM
Lowered on 16ís

I have the opportunity to pick up a set of black 16inch procomp wheels for a very good price. Iíd like to see any pictures that show a 10th gen f150 lowered on 16ís (donít have to be black or procomps) before I fork out the cash.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Old 04-13-2019, 06:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Most people drop'em and add 18's or 20's or bigger...

Old 04-14-2019, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by ManualF150 View Post
Most people drop'em and add 18's or 20's or bigger...
I noticed that when I did a search for photos. I just recently picked up a 2001 Super Crew thatís dropped a few inches and has chrome 18ís. Iím not to fond of chrome and I actually like the look of the 1998 Nascar Edition F150. That one had black 16ís and in my opinion looked nice. I havenít seen a Super Crew lowered on 16ís though. What I would like is to get a set of FX4 wheels but it seems like those are hard to come by.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:01 AM
I prefer the thicker rubber versus more wheel and rubber bands. It also rides much, much better.

These are my favorite rims of that model era:

Old 04-14-2019, 11:38 AM
I prefer the thicker rubber versus more wheel and rubber bands. It also rides much, much better.

These are my favorite rims of that model era:

Thatís kind of what I was going for. I like the bigger rims but blacked out 16ís on some decent rubber I think will look good too. The rims your talking about are all over the Los Angeles Craigslist page and people want big money for them. So much so that I would be better off grabbing a set of custom wheels. I donít get it were they made of platinum?

Old 04-14-2019, 11:47 AM
This is kind of what Iím going for but with a Super Crew:

Old 04-14-2019, 02:00 PM
glc
The stock size on 10th generation was 16" with 17" as an option.

Those "chrome" wheels came stock on my 03 XL with trim package. There should be a ton of them, and the painted steel equivalents, in junkyards. I have a set of the painted ones with winter tires on them, I believe the wheels came off a XL work truck.

If you find a set of these, just sand them and repaint them whatever color you want. It's the center caps that are hard to find, and the center caps are NOT interchangeable with the ones for the chrome wheels.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by glc View Post
The stock size on 10th generation was 16" with 17" as an option.

Those "chrome" wheels came stock on my 03 XL with trim package. There should be a ton of them, and the painted steel equivalents, in junkyards. I have a set of the painted ones with winter tires on them, I believe the wheels came off a XL work truck.

If you find a set of these, just sand them and repaint them whatever color you want. It's the center caps that are hard to find, and the center caps are NOT interchangeable with the ones for the chrome wheels.
I would like to find the 98 NASCAR edition wheels or the 17Ē FX4 wheels, but those are hard to come by in the salvage yard.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:54 PM
Patience my friend, patience. They do pop up on eBay. You just need to have a habit of looking.

Just like I've been helping a friend look for a small metal lathe. There are so many people out there selling them, but it's having the patience to find the "right" one, with plenty of tools, accurate runout, etc. Everyday, I'm on my local CL, and other venues looking. I've turned it into a habit in the past few months.

Same deal with this...

Old 04-14-2019, 10:12 PM
why would you downgrade in size?

my truck originally had 17s..... a PO put on 16" weld mountain crushers..... one of them got destroyed somehow, well I don't know. I just know I have 3 wheels and another can't be found anywhere.....

Old 04-15-2019, 07:00 AM
Patience my friend, patience. They do pop up on eBay. You just need to have a habit of looking.

Just like I've been helping a friend look for a small metal lathe. There are so many people out there selling them, but it's having the patience to find the "right" one, with plenty of tools, accurate runout, etc. Everyday, I'm on my local CL, and other venues looking. I've turned it into a habit in the past few months.

Same deal with this...
Thank you, Iíve been doing just that: SSS+Craigslist+EBay+Facebook Marketplace=morning ritual!

Old 04-15-2019, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
why would you downgrade in size?

my truck originally had 17s..... a PO put on 16" weld mountain crushers..... one of them got destroyed somehow, well I don't know. I just know I have 3 wheels and another can't be found anywhere.....
The truck I bought is a one owner and came with chrome 18ís. Iím not into the chrome look and I have a guy willing to sell me a set of black 16Ē pro comps for $100. However if they donít look good I wonít put them on and they will just sit in my garage or backyard forever. I like the look of the trucks I posted above but I havenít seen a Super Crew with 16ís.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lowered on 16ís

Sponsors

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: