1997 - 2003 F-150

Lifting the front using Springs/Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lifting the front using Springs/Shocks

Hey guys I have an 03 F150 extended cab 4wd lariat FX4. I am wanting to fit 33"-35" tires so I am wanting to lift the front end a little. I need new shocks anyways so I want to lift it using taller shocks and springs. Ive read too many bad things about cranking torsion bars. I want my ride to remain comfortable if not better than it is stock height. Has anyone done this and know what length or anything I need? Any help would be appreciated!

Old 07-27-2017, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by BigRed03
Hey guys I have an 03 F150 extended cab 4wd lariat FX4. I am wanting to fit 33"-35" tires so I am wanting to lift the front end a little. I need new shocks anyways so I want to lift it using taller shocks and springs. Ive read too many bad things about cranking torsion bars. I want my ride to remain comfortable if not better than it is stock height. Has anyone done this and know what length or anything I need? Any help would be appreciated!
I'm interested in the responses you get. I would like to lift the front of mine and have entertained the idea of tightenign the torsion bar but also hear of bad side effects.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by BigRed03
Unfortunately, the best they have for our trucks is drop spindles and beefy crossmembers. If it were as easy as throwing on longer coils and shocks like it was on the old square body's they wouldn't make $1,500 plus on a decent suspension lift. Setup leaves a lot to be desired and much less room to make things work.