1997 - 2003 F-150

I damaged passenger window rail when replacing door actuator

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face I damaged passenger window rail when replacing door actuator

I have a 2000 F-150 XLT Ext Cab and recently replaced the door lock actuator on the passenger door. There was a window rail/guide in the way of the actuator. This rail was fixed in place and would allow the edge of the window to slide up and down within the "c" channel. There was a little "give" in the rail and as I pushed on it with the back of my hand to work the actuator free, the rail broke free. It didn't fall out and is still attached to something towards the top but it flops around. I couldn't see inside the door cavity to determine what was damaged. The window rolls down just a few inches and then binds up. The motor and regulator appear to be fine. There were no issues with the window functions before this guide popped out of place. I just took it to a auto glass repair shop and they quoted me $150 to replace the regulator. I don't believe that the issue is the regulator at all. Can anyone help to determine what this part is and provide a bit of info on how to replace? I'd like to replace it myself...and hopefully not damage something else as I do. Thanks!!

Old 06-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I'm not sure how serviceable it is, or how to get a new one. I'd assume you're looking at junk yard donor at this point.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:18 PM
I did the same thing, what did you end up doing?

Old 07-11-2018, 05:39 PM
That rear glass channel just clips together, very hard to see in there. It took a spare pair of eyes to figure mine out. Nothing wrong with the regulator, your Glass shop contact needs to go pleasure his maternal relation.

Last edited by IH man; 07-11-2018 at 05:41 PM.