1997 - 2003 F-150

Dragging Vacuum Hose

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 07:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dragging Vacuum Hose

I've posted something similar to this a couple of times today, but the threads have yet to show up. I guess this is because I tried to include photos. (Please know I'm not spamming - just trying to get some help from the community!) Does anybody have a good picture from the ground up (i.e. the bottom of the truck), or a diagram of where the vacuum hoses go? I have a hose dragging on the ground, and I am at a complete loss as to where it should connect back onto. There are a limited number of components within reach of the hose, but I can't find anywhere that will fit.

If somebody has a picture of the underside of a 2000 5.4 liter, I'd love to see it.

Thanks!

Old 07-27-2015, 09:53 PM
glc
Received 758 Likes on 702 Posts
Your pics should post if you reduce the size to somewhere around 1024x768 pixels. Click the image icon in the reply box (the mountain) and browse to the files on your hard drive.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:55 AM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
If you have 4WD and the hose is up front, it's likely off the Vacuum Actuator.
There will be two hoses. If one is missing that's you baby.
Good luck.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:25 AM
Thanks guys! I'll check into that. I'm extremely illiterate when it comes to things like this, unfortunately. If I can't find it, I'll try to take a better picture of where the hose starts. Raining like crazy out there, so I don't feel like climbing underneath it at the moment. Thanks again!

Old 07-28-2015, 11:26 AM
Gotta tell you that I appreciate this community. Nice to be able to chat with people who are knowledgeable and happy to come alongside you in a project.

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-28-2015, 01:23 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Dragging Vacuum Hose

Your original posts were trapped by the spam detector. This happens when a first time poster includes pics or links in their post, which makes it look like a spammer. Try adding your pics to this thread. Sorry for the frustration.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:10 AM
Just an update to close the door on this - I ended up bringing the truck to our backyard mechanic, and the hose was just a vent hose. He hung it back up, and we're good to go (transmission is going, but that's a topic for another thread). Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Quick Reply: Dragging Vacuum Hose