1997 - 2003 F-150

Who has car seats in their scab?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think they're just bolted\fastened to the seat frame. I would think you could install a rear seat from an 03'+ F150 and have them. I might be inclined to do so, if my truck was my DD. But we rarely take the truck on family trips and eventually we won't even need those anchors, once he moves up to a front facing seat (I think?).

Old 02-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by blitz_
I know I said the same thing but it makes sense, the fire dept gave me a brochure of a company that makes universal hooks you can install and I dont think they were all that much. It just gave me a reason to get a 4 door truck which I have always wanted. Maybe you can call ford or shop online for some aftermarket ones.
you got a link? id be interested in doing them in mine simply for the convenience.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by ChrisT
I think they're just bolted\fastened to the seat frame. I would think you could install a rear seat from an 03'+ F150 and have them. I might be inclined to do so, if my truck was my DD. But we rarely take the truck on family trips and eventually we won't even need those anchors, once he moves up to a front facing seat (I think?).
nope youll still use them for front facing. ill get pics tomorrow of the hooks mine has and how they slide to a different angle for when its front facing.

Quick Reply: Who has car seats in their scab?