1997 - 2003 F-150

Help with ID'ing a ford alarm system -'97f150

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with ID'ing a ford alarm system -'97f150

OK, I've been trying to bring a '97 F150 back into running shape after getting it from my stepson. There are lots of little problems, as he dogged it pretty badly, but one thing that's not his fault is the quirky security system that it had installed when he got it. I think it is a dealership add on, but I'm not sure. I need to know because I can't program a new rke until I know what it is. The dealership closest to me tried but couldn't program the remote they sold me.

Here are pictures of the box and the old rke.

Do these look familiar to any of you?

Thanks for any help! I can't read a single number on anything..

Can it be removed?

Last edited by Brakeman; 02-27-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Adding
Old 11-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh well..

Old 11-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this may be too late but there should be a button someplace underdash to turn system off if you don't have remote when entering vehicle. you push button while turning key to on. that turns alarm off and stops horn from going off. the system remotes are programed with this button too, dont remember how. The alam system was a dealer supplied and more than likely installed by them. all wires can be just removed except for the heavy wire that goes to the starter. this is the starter interupt. if the wires are not reconnected the vehicle will never start untill connected...

Quick Reply: Help with ID'ing a ford alarm system -'97f150