Hennessey’s VelociRaptor Demolishes Stock Raptor! (Video)

By -

Unsurprisingly, adding 155 hp and 112 lb-ft of torque makes the Raptor a whole lot faster.

Shortly after we learned of the Ford Raptor’s rebirth, we began to wonder how soon we would see a new, maniacal Hennessey VelociRaptor as well. After all, the new Raptor is plenty quick in its own right. But John Hennessey and crew have quite the reputation for making fast trucks, well, faster. And as this video proves, the VelociRaptor is a heck of a lot faster than the stock Raptor.

For the paltry sum of $22,500, Hennessey will gladly take your Raptor and give it the upgrades it needs to run with sports cars. Specifically, a turbo and intercooler upgrade, stainless steel catback exhaust, engine management software, and a high-flow induction system. The result? 605 hp and 622 lb-ft of torque.

VelociRaptor

That’s a pretty substantial upgrade on the Raptor’s already impressive base numbers of 450 hp and 510 lb-ft. And as you would imagine, it also shaves some serious time off the truck’s 5.0-second 0-60 run and 13.7-second quarter mile. How much, you ask? How about 4.2 seconds to 60 and a 12.9 second quarter? That’s faster than a Camaro SS, Challenger R/T Scat Pack, or Mustang GT.

All of which sounds good, but watching the VelociRaptor simply walk away from a stock Raptor in this video really puts things into perspective. From the first sixty feet to the tail end, the basic Raptor simply gets dominated. And we can’t get enough of the Hennessey creation’s turbo and blow off noises along the way.

The Ford Raptor is easily fast enough for 99% of the population, and some folks have even complained that it’s too fast for public roads. But for the remaining 1% of us, the Hennessey VelociRaptor is waiting in the shadows, ready to blow away anything in its path.

Comments ()