are we the only ones (2)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dig my 99 150

Just got a 1999 150 XL with the short box and regular cab, v6 and manual five speed.
Quick enough, handles great and no gismo crap to puke out and cost a bunch to fix.

Gonna remove the front bumper and fabricate a skidplate/winch mount-fairlead/front mount for rack system. Should look good when done, I'm aiming for a pre-runner look for when the rack's off. The rack is going to integrate a simple one hoop roll bar in the bed at the cab (permanently mounted) and be modular so I can remove it when I'm not using it. The rear hoop, front arms and horizontal rails are going to all be removable.
I have an inverter power supply off my previous rig too and I'm going to wire 110VAC to an all weather duplex box on the front bumper too, gonna do it so as to keep the weather out of it, but make it accessible in the field.

Work trucks Rock!!

Old 02-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Unhappy

My truck came with every available option. I was nervous that something would break or not work properly so, I went over the truck very carefully before I signed. As I sat in the seat I told the salesman I wasn't pleased. There seemed to be a spring poking up from right in the middle of the driver's seat. He checked it, mumbled something and ran back inside.

When he came back out, he had changed my paperwork and added:
Power Fart Suppressor - $185

I didn't say anything about it because I was afraid I might meet another F150 owner and he'd have one and I wouldn't, besides it seemed like a fair price to me.

I don't know how it works but, I've used that option more than any other on my truck.

(And now you XL owners know why all us XLT and Lariat owners is always smilin.)

Of yeah, and the Lightnings gots 'um too.
Only theirs is bigger and pulsates at about 380hp.
(Makes them boys absolutely 'giddy'.)

Last edited by Raoul; 02-28-2003 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2003, 04:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of yeah, and the Lightnings gots 'um too.
No wonder I like driving my truck so much

Old 03-01-2003, 05:01 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Dayum Gator you read everything!
What are you doing in the Work trucks Forum?

What you got ain't really a truck and you dayum sure don't work.

Old 03-03-2003, 11:48 PM
Mine is a 1997 F250LD I only have 4 option on it automatic tranny, A.C.,Bed Liner, and Trailer Hitch, oh its a regular cab with an 8 foot bed I bought the truck used, but I want 4x4, and extanded cab with the 8ft bed,couldn't find a good one though people don't understand the reason for owning a truck, which is to work it HARD

Old 03-08-2003, 05:23 PM
Well, when I went truck hunting, I looked for an XL with 5-speed, AC (I live in FL, you NEED AC), 4.6L, 4x4.

First thing I noticed is XLs have no tach. I can't see having a manual tranny and no tach, what's up with that? I then noticed with the options I wanted, the XLTs weren't much more.

Then the kicker. I saw the baby I have now. Reg cab, short bed (yeah, I know, but it still does plenty of work, just doesn't carry full sheets of plywood as well), 4.6, 4x4, ORP, of course AC, auto (would have preferred a manual, but.....it was used, a year old, less than 50k miles on it. Price? $15,100. Couldn't pass it up.

I still work it hard, on and off the pavement. Yep, that's right, I'm one of those guys who has a 4x4 with the ORP, and it actually leaves the pavement!

All the bells and whistles? Yep, cruise, power mirrors went buttons up. Don't really care, never used them. Didn't really pay more for them since the truck cost less than a good XL. Protect the seat with plastic when I'm dirty and threw rubber floor mats in it.

Don't think an XLT can't work.

BUT, I do think work trucks are cool. And Jondoe941 is right, trucks are there to work. If ya buy a truck, then you should use it like one. My $.02

Now, my '78 F-250 XL, 351M, 4x4, long bed, 4 on the floor..........THERE was a WORK truck!

Magnum

Old 09-17-2014, 12:45 AM
i have an 08 xl 4x4. basic as it gets and wouldn't have it any other way. a truck is useless to me without an 8' bed....plus theres just a bunch of shiny crap to keep clean and break

Old 11-22-2014, 07:04 PM
I don't go to extremes about it, but I too like a fairly simple truck