7 Lug Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 7 Lug Wheels

Does anyone have any suggestions for a set of aftermarket wheels that would work with my XLT/7700 pkg 4x4? This truck came with the 16", 7 lug chrome steel wheels as the only factory option. So far I haven't found very many aftermarket wheels that have the 7 lug pattern.

Thx for any suggestions!

Old 06-18-2002, 09:19 PM
Angry yeah i need help to

i have those 7 lug wheels too. i've been looking at lowering and putting on 20's, but there are no wheels made for fords silly 7 bolt pattern. i looked into adapters, but all i could find was 5 lug to 6 lug. its as if no aftermarket company wants to touch those 7 lug wheels.......

Old 06-18-2002, 11:09 PM
American Racing has 2 or 3 styles and Weld Racing can make them (custom order). I'm not sure who else makes them. But from what I found the only size you can get is a 16x8.

Old 07-03-2002, 08:12 AM
You might also want to look for wheels for the F250 LD's (Light Duty's) like mine. They are the same wheels, and because they have been around longer some companies may have them listed only for these. By the way, if you want a GREAT tip for cleaning the plastic chrome on these 7 luggers I figured out a great product for cleaning them, and it acts like a wax at the same time. Water beads off and brake dust has a hard time sticking. I was having problems with what appeared to be little almost like grease stains on the chrome. No matter how much soap and water it just didn't want to come off. Here is the secret formula....It is a product made for bathrooms, called Gel Gloss, I bought mine at Home Depot. Man it works incredible, you just wipe it one and wipe it off, all the grease looking stains came right off, buff them up and they shined BETTER than the day I bought the truck new. Everybody I worked with was asking me if I bought NEW wheels!!! They looked that much better....I have washed the truck 2 times since I did this to them, including washing the wheels. I have yet to put on another coat and they still look great (not as good as when I first did them, but way better tahan it used to look)....If you try it out, let me know what you think...I hope others can gain from the knowledge...Good luck

Quick Reply: 7 Lug Wheels