Brake Pads - Titanium or Ceramic?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 02:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Brake Pads - Titanium or Ceramic?

I'm about to change brake pads on my Screw, it has about 38.5K on it. My rotors have been resurfaced once, this was done when the dealer was trying to troubleshoot a problem and turns out it was the entire differetntial. Now my question is this...

The ceramic pads would not give off any black dust, just whitish dust.

The titanium pads would leave no dust.

Are my assumptions correct? I'm going to leave the OEM rotors, but planning to upgrade to slotted and drilled rotors in the future.

Thanks!

Old 06-16-2002, 08:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put the Titanium ones on my 97 a few months ago (bought from J.C.Whitney), and they seem to work just fine...and no dust that I can see; no squealing, either.

Old 06-16-2002, 06:07 PM
Did titanium pads from JCWhitney a few months ago too. No squeal or dust either.

Old 06-17-2002, 01:56 PM
Thumbs up I got the Bendix

I got the Bendix TitaniuMetallic pads installed on my front brakes. The shop also did a flush of the brake system.

No squeeling, no high pitch noise. I now have better feel of the pedal and I really like them. They were a little on the expensive side but heck, if they can stop me 4-5 feet quicker, that's all the difference in having an accident or not!

I like them!

Thanks for everybody giving their input

Old 06-17-2002, 03:49 PM
Where & How much

Hey guys,

Where are you having the work done and how much is it costing you. I went to Monro today and they wanted $400 for new rotors, pads and labor. That seems a bit high to me. They are Bendix rotors and pads. Is that reasonable or are there better deals out there.

Thanks,

Old 06-18-2002, 08:19 PM
Cool Bendix Pads

I got mine done at my local tire dealer when my tires where being changed. He had to order them from a local vendor and I paid $45-47 @each set , tax included. That's just the front brake pads, I didn't do my rears since they're still ok.

$400 for 4 Bendix rotors, 4 sets of pads and labor doesn't seem so bad, , especially here in Silicon Valley

Quick Reply: Brake Pads - Titanium or Ceramic?