Torsion Bar.

Old 06-05-2002, 12:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Torsion Bar.

I heard this works for lowering as well... Is this a bad idea? I hear of people using it to give them a little more height all the time but not many people use it to lower there body.. Is this bad on the 4x4 suspension? From what I understand this only affects the front end and not the rear.. Is this correct as well? Any input would be appreciated. And if I can lower my truck in the front using the torsion bar trick, how low would the maximum be for lowering?

Old 06-05-2002, 02:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Biggest problem I can see right off the bat is the front bump stops on the lower "A" arms. Poke your head around the back of the front tire and look at the bump stop. There is only about 4-5" of travel as it is. If you lower it via the torsion bar (which I'm sure you can do, it'll be a softer ride as well), you'll be even closer to that stop. Now, given the fact that your suspension will be softer, you stand a better chance of bottoming out more often up front. You maybe able to counter that with different shocks, but not too sure on that.

Torsion bar will have no effect on the rear height at all. Just give you more of a "rake" until you lower the rear as well.

Old 06-06-2002, 04:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

So it looks like either I am going to have to stick to my 265's or get some 22's to fill up the wheel well space..... Ugh, so spendy... But then again, what would life be without a challenge?? I guess I need to decide what my next mod is going to be.

Old 06-30-2002, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trim the bump stops, crank down the torsion arms, realign the front end, and stuff the 22's!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Torsion Bar.