33x12.50x17??????Will they fit????

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 33x12.50x17??????Will they fit????

I know this question has been asked a thousand times, I just wanted to know for sure if they would fit on my '99 F-150 ORP without any problems? If there is any poblems what are they?

Old 05-31-2002, 04:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They will fit fine on a stock 4x4.

Old 06-02-2002, 11:07 PM
Thumbs up Bigger Tires

Fordman, I've been thinking about the 33x12.50x17 tires myself. I wanted to go with 285's for my stock 17" wheels, but I can't find a decent tire from a quality manufacturer in that size. I think the 33's are as close as they come.

Are you going to go with the Procomp's? If so, let us know how they fit. And if possible, post a snapshot of your rig. I'd love to see how they fit.

Old 06-02-2002, 11:28 PM
Here is some pics of my rig with the ProComp Muds. (no rubbing, no trimming) Check my sig for the link.

Old 06-05-2002, 02:47 PM
You may have some rubbing if you have the Ford molded mudflaps. Mine rubbed, even after raising the truck about 1" with the torsion bars. I took a heat gun and bent the lips on the flap, so it sat further away from the tire. It's alot better looking than cutting or hacking them up.

Old 06-05-2002, 02:59 PM
brands?

Who, aside from Procomp, makes this size tire or one comparable for the 17" wheel? I don't want to spend so much dough on BFG's or MT-R's.

Old 06-05-2002, 04:40 PM
The tires that I was looking at were Wild Country or something like that. That is what my local gas station carries. They were the mud terrain and ran about $176. I am gonna try to find the Goodyear MT's I like there looks. I wish they made a 17" Workhorse, I had them on my last truck and they had 20,000 miles on them when I sold it and they had not wore at all. I have the Factory Goodyears on my '99 and they are about shelled at 17,000 miles.

I will probably try to wait till the end of summer before I buy my new tires now, we havne't gotten any rain at hoome and we might not be raising a crop this year. So money is gonna be tight for a while.

Old 06-13-2002, 01:17 PM
SilverScrew,

Truck looks nice with those tires.

Couple of questions in you don't mind.

How long have they been on and how are they wearing?

How much did they run you and where did you get them?

No dealer around here carries the ProComp so I may have to order some off the Internet.

My current ride is an 02 SCab FX4 that I got in January. I had a 99 4x4 with 16's, so I couldn't use those tires.

I've owned (in a mud tire) Super Swamper, BFG, Bridgestone, Buckshot, Goodyear, Remington...

The longest lasting ones for me was the Bridgestone Dueler M/T's.

I don't think they make a 17" yet, but I still have several months before hunting season.

Later

Creole

Old 06-18-2002, 12:14 AM
Creole0323.....

I bought the tires in December and now have a out 6000 miles on them. They are wearing fairly good so far. The only remark I have is after some playing around in the river bottom the outermost lugs have a little extra wear due to digging in the sand. Overall I am very happy with the wear and performance (on & off road). I bought the tires from a local tire chain (Big Brand) here in California. I found the cheapest price from www.4wheelparts.com (they where having a buy 3 get 1 free deal), and Big Brand met their price. I think they cost in the $170 per tire range, but my memory is failing me right now. Best thing you can do is call around and see who carries them and try to get them to beat the lowest price. Even if you order them from the internet, they will meet the best price you found, normally.

How loud were your Super Swampers compared to the BFGs? A neighbor has a set and they look awfully good.

Old 06-18-2002, 12:45 AM
SilverScrew

The swampers I had were the TSL SX's. They are bias ply, non-radials. The best way to describe the sound is to say that my truck sounded like a two seater airplane with the prop spinning wildly.

I know some guys who have the radials and they are a lot quieter. The BFG's I had were on a Toyota truck and a 4Runner. They were quiet up front, but got considerably louder as they wore. The Remington mud brutes were on my 99 F150 4x4 ORP and after 10000 miles, they were over half worn. I totalled the truck out, so I don't know how long they were going to last.

The Bridgestone were pretty quiet and handled well, but most of all, after about 40000 miles, they still had pretty good tread left. They were on a 4Runner and I did a bit of rock crawling with them. I started noticeing some cracks between the lugs (probably due to running 13 psi while rock crawling). I went back to Sears and they gave me 4 BFG M/T's, mounted and balanced for about $120 TOTAL. This was right in the middle of all the crap with Firestone's recalls. But, I will always buy the road hazard from Sears.

In fact, I cut one or two of them while "playing" and the most I got charged was about $15. BTW, this is now commercial for Sears Tire Center. They just impressed me when I needed some service (even though they are soooooo slow to do anything).

Later

Creole

Old 06-23-2002, 12:51 PM
Jag
Anyone running 35x12.5x17 on their non-modified ORPs?

Quick Reply: 33x12.50x17??????Will they fit????