Rear Break Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear Break Vibrations

I recently bought my first F150. From looking over the sales work order from the dealership, it had the Rear axle seals replaced before i bought it. I noticed the vibration, and the dealership replaced the shoes and drums. But there is still a heavy vibration in the rear intermittently during breaking. Is this common, or is there something wrong? Also, is it possible that the vibration caused the axle seal leaks...

Old 05-29-2002, 06:53 PM
Smile

There is a technical service bulletin regarding this problem. I am having a similar problem with brake vibration, but I have rear disk brakes. I have recently had both front and rear brake pads replaced by different repair shops and I have to keep getting the tires balanced, but the problem is getting worse. I suggest obtaining the technical service bulletin for this problem as I plan to. Good luck.

Old 05-29-2002, 07:11 PM
The rear breaks have been replaced in the past few weeks, But the front were probably replaced not more than 5000 miles back. Thanks for the tip on the TSB i will look for it.

Old 05-30-2002, 01:31 AM
Sounds almost like the bearing surfaces on the axles are worn out leading to the vibration (caused probably by the rear brakes initially but amplified by the bearing trouble).

Try chamfering the leading edge of the brake shoes. Grind the front edge down 45 degrees. That might help.

You'd think they would have inspected the axles while doing the seals for that problem... could be they just slapped it together to sell it quick at low cost to them.

Quick Reply: Rear Break Vibrations