Oxidized new rims with cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2002, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Oxidized new rims with cleaner

I JUST BOUGHT NEW EAGLE RIMS 589 AND USED A CLEANER ON THEM THAT HAD AMMONIA IN IT AND WELL, IT STAINED THEM, OXIDIZED THEM AND MAN AM I WANTING TO KICK MYSELF IN THE BUTT. IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIX IT SHORT OF TAKING THEM OFF AND SENDING THEM TO A ALUMINUM POLISHING SHOP?

thanks GENE

Old 05-26-2002, 12:13 PM
you could try mothers aluminum polish on them its supposed to remove oxidation im not for sure how well it works in your situation but its worth a shot

Old 05-27-2002, 01:15 AM
I agree what wolfcreek said. It's works great, but you will have to spend alot of time polishing them (your arms will be sore) to get them back to original.

Old 05-27-2002, 11:19 AM
Sounds like you are re-living my nightmare. I also have Eagle Alloy 589's and I bought them last June. The first time I washed my truck with them on it I used Westley's Bleche white on my tires and it dryed on my rims, making them look aweful. I went out and got some course rubbing compound made my turtle and some mother's wheel polish. After SEVERAL hours of rubbing they looked a lot better, but I did not get all the stains out until this winter when I used Extreme Wheel Polish. This is by FAR the best wheel polish there is on the market. I bought it from my local Honda ATV dealership. So if I where you I would try to get some of it!

Old 05-27-2002, 11:35 AM
Simichrome.

Liberally apply 1 part Simichrome + 2 parts elbow grease.

It'll make aluminum sparkle like chrome.

Quick Reply: Oxidized new rims with cleaner