are Kumho's any good???

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question are Kumho's any good???

I am just wondering if Kumho tires are any good on the f-150s??? if any one has tried them or has them now. Any goods/bads?? i am thinking of increasing from p255's to at least a LT 265 or 285. I saw these on a jeep and looked good...they are kumho venture AT's....and i know of a dealer near here so i was just wondering!!! any info would be great!!! thanks.

Old 05-24-2002, 01:51 AM
Good thing they're spelled with a "K" and not a "C" - otherwise I would have thought I was on another type of website.

I haven't heard much about them, but from what I have seen - they look like they are definately worth looking into.

Have you checked out http://www.kumhotireusa.com/ ?

The Venture MT was given a pretty decent review by customers at tirerack http://www.tirerack.com/tires/kumho/ku_venture_mt.jsp

Last edited by goneloco; 05-24-2002 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-29-2002, 07:51 AM
kev
Depends what you want them for. I had them on my car at one time. They were the cheapest tire I could find in my size so that is why I got them. Everyone told me that they wear out fast but perform good, but my experience with them showed the opposite. Mine lasted longer then any other high performance tire I have used on my car but they liked to spin when I got on the gas. I used them at the track a few times and my quarter mile times suffered greatly because I couldn't launch with as high of an rpm as I did with the yokohama A520s. I switched back to the yokos when they wore out. Only downfall is that the yoko tire is about $20 more each tire!

kev

Quick Reply: are Kumho's any good???