what is the PROPER way to install pads

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what is the PROPER way to install pads

ok this is getting very frusturating!!!!!!!!!

My brother has a 91 F-150 with disc brakes up front and this is what??????/ the 5,000,000 time putting pads on the damn thing. Ok we have no clue how to put brake pads this thing and now his pads require anti rattle clips . What is the proper way to install pads on this thing becuase the truck pulls to the right severly and the brakes sound like there gonna fall off any second. Please help me out here I ask nicely What is the proper way to install pads on his truck. It is a 1991 Ford F-150 with disc brakes up front and it is 2WD.

Old 05-18-2002, 08:34 PM
I recommend buying a haynes manual or something that can show you step by step. I have a 2wd 1992 f-150 and i don't remember it taking more than 20 minutes to replace the pads and rotors, i don't remember the exact steps though. Just make it look the way it looked when you took them off. As for it pulling to the right, you may have a seized caliper piston or sliders. Did you lube the hardware with antiseize when you put it back together?

-Jon

Old 05-18-2002, 10:27 PM
yes i did. But what i think the problem was when we and my brother put the pads on last month I suspect that we didn't put the rattle clips on right. Also I here Raybestos seems like a popular name brand on here. Maybe I should go with them??????

Quick Reply: what is the PROPER way to install pads