Wheels Without Caps

Old 05-15-2002, 12:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Wheels Without Caps

Hi People!

Here in Puerto Rico we have a problem with certain people (a.k.a. thieves) that like to steal wheel caps no matter what car or truck you drive. They will also steal half of them, and they do it I guess because they are jealous of the machine you drive, or just to mess with your peace of mind. There is no way to catch them, unless you do it by yourself, as a friend of mine who sent one of these idiots Fed-Ex to the nearest hospital, only to get almost arrested for protecting his property...Oh well...talk about justice...

Anyway, is there a set of wheels that I can get for my 1997 F-150 4x2, that DO NOT need center caps?

Any Ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Robert

Old 05-15-2002, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FX4 off road package wheels do not have a center cap.

I used to work for an engineering plastics compounder. One of our customers clients was a railroad tank car manufacturer who wanted us to redesign the tank car 'caps' (the filler lids on the top) so they could replace the aluminum ones with plastic ones. They had a problem with theft. When the cars would go into Mexico thieves at the railyards would steal the aluminum caps and sell the aluminum for recycling. It didn't matter if the cars were full of gasoline, sulfuric acid, or ammonium nitrate - whatever. They'd risk their lives for $5 worth of aluminum.

Old 05-15-2002, 07:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are also caps that fit up through the inside of the wheel as opposed to "snapping on." For instance I once had a set of Eagle Alloys 1189's and the center caps fit up through the hub of the wheel. That would prevent anyone from taking them, because to take the caps off, one would have to take the wheels off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheels Without Caps