BFG All Terrains or not?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BFG All Terrains or not?

Looking for new rubber for my 2000 F150 4X4 (17"rims)
Are BFG All Terrains worth the money or not?
Have seen some comparisons with other tires that indicate they are not that good!!
Any opinions on Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts or Yokohama Geolander
A/T plusIIs ??
Anythings gotta be better than the stock Goodyears

Old 04-22-2002, 11:00 PM
I got a set of those tires last summer, and so far i've been please with them. They look nice and they give way better traction in snow compared to stock of course. Not sure about mud though haven't done to much yet.... but i'm happy with them. The geolander's are probably the best for offroad, thats what the magazines say anyways.

Old 04-23-2002, 10:41 AM
I have a 99XLT F-150 with 33" Wrangler MT/R, and a 85 Bronco ll with 35" BFG Mud Terrains, I'm not sure about the all terrains but I'd buy Mud terrains before another set of MT/R

Old 04-23-2002, 11:09 PM
bosro,
the bfg a/t is a good compromise tire, just pricey. i've run several sets of these over the years and gotten decent traction and long wear. if you're planning on doing much in the way of mud, by the m/t. i've had them, too and liked them pretty well for a mud tire. i'm running the mt/r's now and can honestly say they hook up for me a lot better than the bfg muds. several people on here are running the pro-comp a/t's with good results. you may want to check them out. good luck, Rich.

Old 04-24-2002, 10:32 AM
I guess my opinion here is somewhat qualified. Super Bowl weekend I flattened 2 Bridgestone Dueller A/T tires. They had about 15,000 miles on them and were showing serious wear. Don't get me wrong. It was a good tire and the ride was a lot better than the Super Swamper TSL radials that I had on the truck when we bought it. The next week, I had BFG A/T's put on there. I have really impressed with them over the past 3,000 miles. I have had no problems with them. I had them in a little sloppy mud 2 weeks ago at the rodeo, didn't skip a beat. They ride smooth and comfortable. The only thing to come up with them, is the fact that someone stabbed one of them last night...i posted that story just a min ago....anyway, my vote goes for the BFG's...meek

Old 04-24-2002, 12:10 PM
I replaced the stock tires on my truck about 7 months ago and got the BFG All Terrains. I love these tires - they were fantastic in the snow and ice this winter. Only one or two experiences in mud, but no problems there either. Yes, they are expensive, but if I can get 50k miles out of them then they are a bargain!!

Steve

Old 04-24-2002, 01:31 PM
I was between the BFG's and Pro Comp's and once I heard about the 50,000 mile tread wear warentty that Pro Comp had as well as their lower price I was set. Their AT has been great for me off road and has done well in everything up to frame height mud...what I wouldn't give for LS or a locker....but anyway, they are great tires for less that are guarentted...IMO cant' beat 'em.

Old 04-25-2002, 02:23 PM
im also looking at getting some new tires like the bfg all terrians or pro comps. were i live we have alot of gravel roads so i was wondering if these tires would hold up in these conditions also

Old 04-25-2002, 08:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are awesome tires, great on road on mild off-road. BTW, I have a set of the 315's for sale in the classifieds! hint, hint, nudge, nudge...

Old 04-25-2002, 09:45 PM
Never had the ProComps, but have looked into them seriously. I have read nothing but good stuff about them. If the sidewall looked a little more aggressive, i wouldn't hesitate. The price is reasonable and the 50,000 mile warranty is nice.

I have owned a few sets of BFG, and I can tell you they are worth the money in my opinion. The last set I got 44,000 miles on them and I drive my truck like I stole it! (still a little tread left when I replaced them with another set of BFG A/T TA ko. 22,000+ miles and still looking good on tread.) Great looking tire, great dry/wet/mud/snow traction, not too awful noisy and handle really good. I can't say anything bad about the BFG. But, they are pricey. Also, in some typesof mud, they don't shed the mud too well at low speeds, but then, they are not M/T.

The goodyear RT/S tires that came on the truck are the sorriest tires I have ever had. they are nothing but junk. I would not take a set if they were free.

Old 05-02-2002, 09:28 PM
I had BFG AT's.................absolute CRAP in mud! OK in snow

I had Yokohama super digger V............even worse! Totally useless in mud and snow.

Just bought a set of Dunlop Rover RV's..........wow! close to a mud tire! BUT suck in snow.

My next set will be Michelin AT.

Old 05-03-2002, 01:48 AM
Well, just today I went and purchased my third set of BFG tires, and my 5th set overall. Went with BFG AT 295/75/16's, and replaced Pro Comp 305/75/16's. I could only get 34K out of the Pro Comp, and they were loud as they wore down, and got rough. The only reason I went with Pro Comp AT's is because I thought with that tread pattern that they would last longer than the BFG's, and they would have a nice, smooth, quiet ride. Well, they did, just not for as long as my previous set of BFG's had. So, went ahead and got another set of BFG's, and once again they are great. It's so nice to have on a set of new tires, the truck drives great now. No sliding in the rain, smooth ride, and no noise. My last set of BFG's, I got around 44k out of them. Replaced my first set of BFG 265's with about 33k on them, cause I wanted a bigger size, so I went with BFG 285's in the AT. Both were great, will never stray from BFG again.

Old 05-03-2002, 09:10 AM
This might seem a little picky, but why does BFG have solid white letters on their tires instead of outlined white letters?

IMO, I just think the outlined letters look better than the solid letters.

Doug.

Old 05-04-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by DougS
This might seem a little picky, but why does BFG have solid white letters on their tires instead of outlined white letters?

IMO, I just think the outlined letters look better than the solid letters.

Doug.
That's very odd, but, that's i guess why they call them, raised white letter... Not white outlined raised white letter or something

Old 05-04-2002, 10:48 PM
BFG AT's are very good tires. Ive run mine in heavy snow, heavy rain, and deep mud and they perfomed very very well. I dont think you can go wrong by them.

Quick Reply: BFG All Terrains or not?