Tires DO make a difference!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tires DO make a difference!

I went up the mountain where I deer hunt this weekend. I was there with the other guys I hunt with to work on the road. It is an old fire tower road that requires a 4wd. I was driving my '81 Chevy (my Ford is way to new to take on this road) behind an early '90's Ford F-250. The F250 had Dunlop Radial Rover tires and I have BFG Trail T/A tires. There was one section that was kind of steep and soupy that the Ford had to make 3 or 4 hard runs at to get up. I crawled right up with just a little slip when I started out. His tires became mud donuts where mine cleaned out enough to get traction. I knew tires could make some difference but never knew how much difference they can make. I took them for granted because I have been up the mountain in the Chevy dozens of times in the last 6 .

I can't wait to replace the tires on my F-150 with something better. Unfortunately they change the Trail T/A to the Long Trail T/A and the tread doesn't look as good to me.

Old 04-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a 4x2 I put the BFG Longtrail T/A's on it back in December they replaced the Goodyear AP's that came stock with the truck and the BFG tires are way better than the old Goodyears better grip in the rain and I driven on dirt roads a few times with both brands on the truck nothing i would need a 4x4 for the BFG tires have done better than the goodyears on dirt and gravle raods as well I don't know what the tread pattern looked like on the old Trail T/A's but the Longtrails have a more agresive look than the old Goodyear AP's did.

Quick Reply: Tires DO make a difference!