Brake Pulsations

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Pulsations

I have a 2001 F-150 S-Cab with only 1100 (eleven hundred) miles on it. Only drive it mostly weekends etc...Drive an old '82 F-100 most everyday to work and short trips. Drove the new truck about 120 miles this past Saturday with some interstate travel 65 mph + and noticed for the 1st time when I applied the brakes at say around 60-65 mph the brake pedal had a fairly strong pulsation at higher speeds but as truck slowed down to say below 40 or so the pulsing would go away. Have read alot of the posts about rotor problems but am wondering with a vehicle not even broken in could have the warping rotors. This is my first vehicle with ABS and would appreciate any input that readers may have. Great site, good info. Thanks

Old 04-15-2002, 11:04 PM
Check your lug nuts, front end steering components, ball joints, front 4x4 hubs. Sounds like something is loose v.s. warped rotors. I doubt it's the rotors.

Disintegrating tire? Faulty rear drum/shoe adjuster?

Old 04-16-2002, 01:34 PM
Could be rotors, or a hub that came warped form the factory. Another thing to think about is that since the truck sits during the week are the rotors getting rusty? If so then maybe the pulsation will go away after some driving.

It's under warrenty so i would let Ford figure it out, thats what you paid for. Besides, there could be a service bulletin out that will tell the dealer what it is right away.

-Jon

Old 04-16-2002, 03:02 PM
Thanks guys. I am going to get it by the dealership later this week or first of next. Your posts gives me some things to sort of be on the lookout for. My service advisor appears to really try and do the right thing so hopefully they will be able to get it squared away pretty quickly, but it always pays to have some good info before you go into the service dept.

Quick Reply: Brake Pulsations