AND THEN THEY WERE GONE... :eek:

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AND THEN THEY WERE GONE... :eek:

My brakes have been bad for the life of the truck. And i'm about to replace the pads once again for the 5th time in 35000 miles. Not only the pads this time, but the caliper and probably the rotor also. My brakes had been grinding for about a week, but being a student, i didn't need to drive it often, so it stayed parked most of that time except for little 5-6 block trips when absolutely necessary, until i could get it to a brake shop on saturday when there was no class. Well Friday, on one of those trips the brakes began to grind terribly and then they were gone. No pressure what-so-ever. So i managed to coast into a parking lot at a speed acceptable for the emergency brake to be applied slightly and stopped the truck. Brake fluid was gushing out of the inside of the caliper on the front passenger tire. I think i probably blew the piston in the caliper after the pad got thrown. Not sure, but I got an estimate of about $300 for the rotor/pad/caliper + labor on that one wheel, hopefully the other wont be bad if anything at all. So anyways, thought i'd share my story, maybe see if anyone else has had this happen, or give me some advice. The truck was towed to Midas today...sniff...i miss my baby. Next time i wont wait at all to get the brakes fixed.

Old 04-15-2002, 02:38 PM
It's probably best that you get the calipers replaced anyway. If you went through 5 sets of pads in the time you should have went through 1, then either you ride the brakes or the calipers are dragging.

-Jon

Old 04-17-2002, 02:41 AM
got everything redone...pads,rotors,calipers on both front discs...we'll see if it was worth the 6 bills i paid for it...

Old 04-17-2002, 06:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope this brake job last you alot longer than your other ones did.

Quick Reply: AND THEN THEY WERE GONE... :eek: