Dunlop Radial Rover

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dunlop Radial Rover

I am looking at new tires for my 2000 F-150 ORP.

I was wondering if anyone is using the Dunlop Radial Rover RV, and any comments on it's performance?

It looks like there aren't too many other choices if I want to stay with an "LT" tire instead of a "P". The stock Goodyear tires that came on the truck were not impressive.

According to the Dunlop website, the RV comes in a size LT265/70R17.

Thanks.

Old 04-02-2002, 02:37 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Old 04-04-2002, 04:00 PM
Actually, out of those 26 tires it appears that only 7 of them are "LT" tires. But still more of a choice than I thought there would be.

Thanks.

P.S. - Still wondering if anyone is using the Dunlop Radial Rover RV on their F-150 and how they like 'em.

Old 04-08-2002, 05:46 AM
get some goodyear wrangler at/s i run a 315/70/16 on 16x10 rims best tire made if you spend more time an black roads than black mud. if you spend your time in the mud get the mt/r got them on my 79 wow.
dale

Old 04-26-2002, 10:17 AM
I originally posted this under the heading "Tires DO make a difference" in the other tires and wheels section, but reposted here:

I went up the mountain where I deer hunt this weekend. I was there with the other guys I hunt with to work on the road. It is an old fire tower road that requires a 4wd. I was driving my '81 Chevy (my Ford is way to new to take on this road) behind an early '90's Ford F-250. The F250 had Dunlop Radial Rover tires and I have BFG Trail T/A tires. There was one section that was kind of steep and soupy that the Ford had to make 3 or 4 hard runs at to get up. I crawled right up with just a little slip when I started out. His tires became mud donuts where mine cleaned out enough to get traction. I knew tires could make some difference but never knew how much difference they can make. I took them for granted because I have been up the mountain in the Chevy dozens of times in the last 6 years.

I can't wait to replace the tires on my F-150 with something better. Unfortunately they change the Trail T/A to the Long Trail T/A and the tread doesn't look as good to me.

Quick Reply: Dunlop Radial Rover