99 Lightning Rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 Lightning Rims

I have a 99 F150 with a 2-4 drop. About a year ago i put on the 99 Lightning rims with 285-60-18 tires. On tight turns the wheel rubs on the sway bar up front from what i can see. Well i rotated my tires and the lips on the rims on the inside were chewed up to hell. There were metal shavings just laying in my suspension from the lips and all of my wheel weights were gone. Im getting pretty nervous as i dont want to start a big crack in my rims. I looked and they are 18-9.5 while on tire rack all the rims they suggest for my truck are 18-8. Could the width be the problem? Also do the lightnings have a different setup up front to keep this from happening? And one last question does anyone know if somebody makes a nice looking 18" rim thats good for racing or is lightweight. Thanks.

Old 03-31-2002, 08:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

There's many posts regarding your problem. The wheels are rubbing on the brake line bracket. You need to bend the bracket back, switch the bracket bolt to a round head bolt and file down the sharp edges of the bracket that stick out. I hope your rims are gouged to the point they pose a safety risk.

Quick Reply: 99 Lightning Rims