Water spots on wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water spots on wheels

I have some spots on my wheels that i believe are water spots. I was wondering what I can use to clean them up. I have the alloy wheels on a 97 Lariat. (the best wheels, not the polished aluminum.

Old 03-22-2002, 10:11 AM
Go down to the post that says "polished aluminum wheels" click on page two, that's where I jumped into the conversation. It should work on that also by hand. If you need more you'll have to use a machine. Die-grinder and buffing pad, are the best set-up. I hope it helps out.

Harold

Old 03-23-2002, 02:27 AM
These are not polished aluminum wheels. They are clearcoated just like the body paint. If he does what you were telling him, he is just going to remove the clearcoat and ruin his wheels.

I have the same wheels on my '97. You need to care for them the same way you care for the body paint. If you have water spots, a clearcoat polish or even something as simple as hot soapy water should remove them . You need to dry the wheels whenever you wash your truck and a couple of times a year you should also wax them just as you do your paint.

Old 03-23-2002, 02:51 AM
Thanks, I'll try some clear coat polish.

Old 03-23-2002, 08:59 AM
AjRagno

Okay, so they are clearcoated.
Still the Cyclecare stuff is SAFE for all metals, even clear coat stuff so is Mother's and the X-treem sealer, not the polish. I've used it for years on M'ladies side engine covers with out a problem.

No flames.

Quick Reply: Water spots on wheels