30k inspection

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30k inspection

Ok, this is my first F 150 and I don't want to cut corners but saved over 300 bucks by taking my '99 f150 4x to Goodyear. They told me I had 60/50 on the breaks but nothing was adjusted. Usually when I've had inspections at least they would make a few adjustments so I could feel the difference! When proper adjustments are made, don't you feel the break working much sooner in the depressing of the break pad? It still feels the same as I have to push down much further and it just does not grab soon as when I had my ranger. I guess if you don't tell the shop of the specifics, they will be lazy and just inspect and pop the dang tires back on which is bs in my opinion. Can someone almost guarantee me that if it was taken to ford that the breaks would have been adjusted? Thanks.

Old 03-18-2002, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, most Ford dealers will clean lube and adjust the rear brakes, which will bring the brake pedal up a bit. What did goodyear do? Usually a 30K consists of oil change, rotate and balance tires, CLA rear brakes, sometimes a cooling system flush or tranny flush, air filter, etc. Some dealers will also do an alignment and an engine performance service (clean fuel injectors and intake valves. Even though all these things aren't listed in the manual the dealers like to do them, that's why the services are so much. You get what you pay for.

-Jon

Quick Reply: 30k inspection