Stick on weights or bang on weights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stick on weights or bang on weights?

Which weight gives a better balance? I just got 275/55/20 tires mounted & the installer removed the factory bang on weights and used the stick in weights. I only feel a vibration at about 70 MPH. here is a picture: Should I have them rebalanced using both kinds?

Old 02-25-2002, 08:55 PM
Cool

shouldent matter what kind of wieghts they use as long as they stay there and that they balanced the wheel properly

Old 02-26-2002, 07:55 AM
The stick on weights are fine as long as the surface was cleaned good. Looks like new rims so they should be fine. As for the vibration, it could be caused by several factors. You could better identify the problem by rotating the front tires to the rear (one at a time). If the vibration goes away (front end) when you switch tires then you have a balance, or an out-of-round tire or wheel.
Are the new rims hub centric? If not, mounting the wheels perfectly centered if difficult and will lead to vibration. It's one of those problems you solve by a process of elimation.

Old 02-27-2002, 08:28 PM
I had my tires rebalanced today with the bang on weights & they are much better than the stick on weights.

Quick Reply: Stick on weights or bang on weights?