Slotted disks

Old 02-21-2002, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Slotted disks

Gentleman,

I'd like to upgrade my brake system (better stopping power). Thought about getting slotted rotors disks. Is there an anvantage over the smooth rotors ?
Or would it be better to just upgrade my pads ?

Any advice will be appriciated .

Old 02-22-2002, 10:19 AM
no advantage at all. Looks but not performance. your rotors are already vented, so they do not help in that respect.

If you want to upgrade your brakes, you can go to a more aggressive front brake pad. After that, go larger rotors and calipers.

If you have the F150, you can upgrade to the 7700/Lightning front calipers and pads. They have larger diameter pistons to give you more clamping force, thus shorter stopping distances.

Old 02-22-2002, 10:59 AM
Thumbs up

Thank Man,
I also thing that a more aggressive pad might do the trick.

Old 02-22-2002, 04:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello Matt, do you know of anyone who has done the 7700/Lightning front calipers and pads swap?

The reason I ask is because I'm wondering if it's a straight swap? I mean like do the the spindles, brake lines, proportioning valve or master cylinder also need to be changed?? What all is involved because this sounds like a viable option instead of replacing my presently anemic stock brakes?

Thanx in advance, Le Pew.

Old 02-22-2002, 09:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

I heard some guys have switched out the brake booster for an F-250 model. I saw a post about that long ago, but since the search is down, we're SOL, I guess.
Besides, aren't the slotted rotors slotted to stop the buildup of gas created by the pads as they heat up??? I'd be willing to bet most rotors have been vented for decades. This was to cure another problem, other than venting. Are you an expert on brakes, Matt?,,,,98

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Slotted disks