American Racing Wheels AR-23's

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Racing Wheels AR-23's

I am thinking of getting American Racing Wheels AR-23's for my 98 F-150 supercab. Does anyone have these wheels that would be willing to share pictures? Also does anyone have any experience with the quality of American Racing wheels? These ones have a clearcoat finish and I am thinking they would be easier to care for than polished or chrome.

Finally, does anyone know of a good online or mail order source for these wheels?

I would appreciate any help you can give!

Thanks!!

Old 02-10-2002, 09:26 PM
Hello ThomasJ. I have American Racing wheels on my '97 F-150 4X4 RC LB. The model is called the Python and they are polished aluminum. I've had good success with AR's wheels in the past and these wheels are no exception. Of course polished aluminum requires a bit more care, so at least once a month they get treated with Flitz polish, so far the best one I have found on the market. Mother's is good, but too many fine scratches. Hope this answers your questions about AR wheels.

PaulR.

Old 02-10-2002, 09:37 PM
I had AR's on a Jeep GC I used to have. Great wheels and mine was the best looking Jeep Grand Cherokee I've ever seen.

However, I'll never get polished again. They look awesome, but yes, a lot of polishing to keep them in good shape but in time they'll still get blemishes and spots you can't polish out. I'd get chrome if you're not ready for some work but they're much more expensive usually.

Quick Reply: American Racing Wheels AR-23's