Bridgestone Dueler A/T's

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Bridgestone Dueler A/T's

Finally got rid of those little General's. I have a 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 4x4 and just purchased a set of Bridgestone Dueler A/T's. I had the stock 255-70R16 Generals and decided to go to more aggressive and larger A/T tire. I have about 4500 miles on the truck. I debated with myself and my friend (I think he got tired of hearing about it.) and decided to go with the Bridgestone Dueler A/T's in a whopping size of 285 75R16. I didn't know if they would fit at first because I haven't done anything to the suspension and these tires are 3" tall than the stock ones. But when they mounted the first one and it cleared easily I couldn't wait for it to get done. I have never seen anything change the way a truck looks so dramatically with just one simply mod. These tires are awesome from tread design, white letter, to ride quality and noise.

!!!! AWESOME TIRES !!!!

Old 01-28-2002, 05:04 PM
Talking

Glad that you like them, I know I really like my Bridgestone Dueler ATs.......Just wait till you go offroad if that interests you.....
David

Old 01-29-2002, 05:16 PM
Got pics?

Got any pics of those tires? The biggest thing for me is looks and I am trying to figure out what size and brand to go with.

Pics are the deciding factor for me.

Old 01-29-2002, 11:38 PM
Thumbs up nice mod

Yep, the 285s really make it look alot better. I also have the 255/70/16 stock tires on OEM wheels and can't wait to change.

There is a price to pay though in the rear end gear ratio. From everything I've read and a gear calulator someone posted I figure at least 3.73 gears are in order...maybe even 4.10s.

Congrats on the new tires!

Natty

Old 01-30-2002, 02:26 AM
The bridgestone is a great bang for the buck tire. You'll get great offroad traction with reasonable on road manners. Best thing about them is that 50k warranty, just make sure you keep record of it. However, I'm surprised your installer let you put 285's on the factory rims. I know our shop wouldn't simply because it will cause the tire to bulge. If excessive enough and depending on the agressivity of your driving, could cause the beads to fail. I'd reccomend you keep at least 40PSI in those things at all times and then bump them to 50 if you're ever taking any long trips or loading the thing down. The screw is a heavier truck, and while 33 is good for me (see below), 40 should give you the best wear as well (assuming the "bulging" doesn't cause problems).
Congrats on the tires, excellent choice. Don't mean to burst your bubble but you may want to at least call your salesman and ask for special care instructions. Oh and one last thing, I heard something about insurance compaines sometimes having problems with vehicle mods not "reccomended". Perhaps worth looking into.

Old 01-31-2002, 07:09 PM
Talking Awesome Bridgestone Dueler ATs

I've said it before in many other threads and will say it
again.......Bridgestone Dueler ATs are the best all around
tire I have found for our beloved F-150s, and not at a
bad price, either!

You can find plenty of tire pictures on the TireRack
website!

Old 02-01-2002, 10:58 AM
BJays Red 150

I asked my dealer about the stock wheel width. My wheels are the standard 7" wide and Bridgestone recommends a 7.5" to 8.5" wheel. He told me that since I was going from 70 series to a 75 series it shouldn't matter. But once these tires were mounted they look like they were made for the stock wheels. I was wanting to look at new wheels but these tires really set the stock wheels off and I have not desire to change them now. The sides walls look perfect and my pressure is set at 50 PSI in the front and 45 PSI in the rear. When I had the Generals I couldn't stand the ride unless they had around 40 PSI in them. These trucks are just to heavy for those little Generals. As for power loss I notice a very little but not enough to make me want to change ratios. I have the Superchip and the K&N FIPK and the truck still runs very well. It does however on an decent incline about 70 MPH with cruise control on unlock the Tourque Converter to maintain speed but never kick down to 3rd Gear. I am hoping to take some pictures this weekend and I will post them on this thread.

Old 02-01-2002, 11:20 PM
bridgestone dueler ATs are the best. quiet, good mileage, look good, great in ice, snow, or mud. what else can you ask for? and they don't cost and arm and a leg.

Quick Reply: Bridgestone Dueler A/T's