Michelin LTX M/S are great!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Michelin LTX M/S are great!

I did a lot of reading in this forum and shopped around quite a bit before buying my new tires last week. I swapped out the old 235 70 16 Firestone Wilderness tires for 255 70 16 Michelin LTX M/S. The difference is amazing! The old tires were "spongy" feeling and got lousy traction even on dry roads. Driving in snow was a nightmare, the front end would not grip at all.

I had the new tires put on last Friday and the ride is extremely different. It is not a rough ride but nice and firm, you can really feel the suspension taking the bumps now instead of the tires. I've noticed much more control in turns as well, the truck doesn't seem to "roll over" on these tires like it did on the Firestones.

We had about 6 inches of snow over the weekend and the new tires hardly slipped at all. These tires were a bit pricey, about $25 a tire more than Goodyear RTS, but they were well worth it.

Sorry if I am rambling, but I feel like I have a brand new truck! I highly recommend these tires.

Old 01-23-2002, 12:02 AM
I ran the A/T's on a Jeep GC and although a tad bit noisier because of the different tread pattern, and I agree! I had them put on with new wheels at 29 miles and I sold it with 52000 miles. I had to point out to potential buyers that they were NOT new tires. Eveyone thought they were almost new.

Old 01-23-2002, 07:30 PM
Yep, it was sad to kiss a set of Michelin LTX A/T's good-bye on the Ranger 4x4 I traded (31 X 10.5 x 15). Just hope they decide to make 17 inch version when it comes time to replace the rubber on the F150.

ernie

Old 01-28-2002, 11:27 PM
I work in a shop that sells michelin tires. No plans that I know of for a 17" A/T, and i doubt that they will. That's what they own BFG for. However, if you're looking for a great tire in a 17" michelin, Again, there's the M/S or the Newer Cross-Terrain. The latter won't last as long as any of the other michelins but still a good 40-50 i'd bet
Hope this helps

Old 02-11-2002, 10:52 PM
ernie

Like what was mentioned the Cross Terrains are great. I just hada a set put on my Expy. I think what BJays Red 150 might be talking about are the "H" rated Cross Terrains as the "S" rated are 70000 miles tires.

The tread design is similar to MS but also look a little like the AT's; "Cross Terrain" I guess that's what they mean.

So far they feel a lot better; very solid.

I shopped everywhere and the full pop price quoted by Discount was $148 for the 275/60/17's which was $1 more that 1 online source and anywhere from $20-$25 less that others. Go to Tire Rack to see some survey's and specs. But double check specs at Michelin. I found one spec different at Tire Rack.

Quick Reply: Michelin LTX M/S are great!