Interco Trxus M/T's

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 02:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Interco Trxus M/T's

Getting close to tire decision time and because of the mud where I live I definately am leaning towards a mud tire. Read a good review of the Trxus M/T tire and just wanted any good or bad opinions from anyone that was running this tire. I would like to get a 315/75 size for my truck and was curious if anyone was using this tire. Thanks.

Old 01-20-2002, 12:42 PM
this tire is very new...especially in that size. I am sure you will hear more about it soon since it is a swamper. Most of the mags will start talking about it when the sizes are more available. But anyways...word from the street is that its really good. I imagine it is...swamper never makes a bad OFFroad tire...the real question is how good is it ONroad? With the siped tread and a much more compact tread design i'd say its probably the most roadfriendly swamper yet.......anyways, i've heard good things from the few that have seen them...put it that way. Good luck.

Also, if you want an offroady tire in that size look into all of these...they are good off/on road tires:

in the 315/75R16 or relative size:

ProComp M/T
ProComp X(treme) terrain
BFG M/T
Yoko. Geolander M/T
Parnelli Jones M/T

By the way, i was just checking, and i didnt see that Interco planned on making the TrxUs in the 315/75R16 size...but anyways...i'm out...good luck with your decision.

Old 01-20-2002, 06:23 PM
swamper never makes a bad off-road tire? give me a break, ever seen a thornbird in the dirt? I have owned swampers several times and liked them for what they are made for...mud is about it..no worries, Rich.

Old 01-21-2002, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the replys! Yeah I know its probably too new but hey I gotta ask. The only reason I was asking about the 315 size is that it is listed on Interco's website as available in a radial. If I can't get what I want I'll probably get a set of the Procomp Muds. I've been seeing quite a few around lately and had a chance to talk to some of their owners, all with positive comments.

Old 01-22-2002, 02:28 AM
yea, you are right about the thornbirds...all they really can do is look good...i dont even personally think they are that great even in the mud...but i guess thats opinion...or is it? So lemme reword my post..."Interco doesnt make a bad offroad tire, except for the swamper which works well...sometimes..." hows that ?

Old 01-22-2002, 02:31 AM
and replace swamper in my last post with thornbird cause its late and i can't type or think right now

Old 01-22-2002, 04:20 PM
hey bigbad,

no worries. you're right the thornbirds do look rough, but they're not. i've never owned them, but have seen them numerous times as they are big sellers around here. they suck! i have owned the bias-ply tsl's though. great tires in the mud, just don't last on the streets. later, Rich.

Old 01-25-2002, 10:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down I've purchased 5... maybe 6!!

With less than 500 miles on the the 285/75R16 TrXus tires, I backed over a cement block and tore (not cut) the sidewall of the left-rear tire. Although it should not have torn, at least it held up long enough to get home while towing my trailer and that impressed me. However, I purchased (no hazard warranty on M/T tires) a new one and ran it 5,000 miles when it blew out going down the highway on Christmas Eve. Being the second "failure", my wife lost faith in the tires and we bought a new set before heading home Christmas day.

Since the second failure wasn't due to any hazards, I returned the tire to the place where I purchased all 5 of them. They said they would send it off to Interco for evaluation and it would take 4-6 weeks to hear back. Anyway, I now have 3 good tires and 1 "torn" tire sitting in my garage- still waiting to see if I get a replacement for the one that popped. Biggest waste of $1000 I've ever spent. If I get a replacement for the one that blew, I'll probably mount them on a set of old rims and put them up for sale- cheap!

If you want GOOD tires, stick with BFG.

Old 01-27-2002, 09:13 PM
Yikes! Thats good enough for me. I'm sure that Interco makes really good tires.........for someone else. Sorry to hear about your tire woes. Hopefully they will do the right thing and give you your money back. I have seen enough Pro Comp muds around now that they will probably be my next tire. Everyone that I have spoken to only has good things to say about them. Thanks for the info.

Old 02-08-2002, 10:53 PM
Cool

Ya'll ever thought about Cooper Tires??
l've had a set of STT's and they work well on/off road..
Just put a set of ST's on today and like the looks and the ride...
ya'll should check them out, they are good tires and the price is
better than most..
By the way, Cooper makes procomp tires**
[url]http://www.coopertire.com

Old 06-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Thumbs down

I have the 35x12.50/16's and they are alright in the mud, but are the worst ride on the highway. I will not be buying these tires again. BFG's will be my next and only tire of choice.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:28 PM
a friend of mine had it on his jeep and HATE IT! he sold it for way cheap and got better tire, Swamper SX ! thats tough tires for off roading.

But its not great for daily driver..he only use his jeep for off roading.

YOMAN!

Old 06-13-2005, 09:31 AM
I agree with Raptor660, I love my Cooper tires. I have the Cooper S/T and have gone through some pretty deep mud, and mine is only a 2wd, I need an aggressive tire for the work I do at the farm, and these tires have done great. On road it is a great tire as well, no complaints

Old 06-13-2005, 11:17 AM
i ran the 34" trxus on my jeep for a year before i went to the 36" irok.

i was pleased with the trxus. did well in the mud and ran pretty decent on road. they cupped on me a lil but overall i thought they were a good tire. a pretty good on/offroad tire.

Quick Reply: Interco Trxus M/T's