Curb damage 20's

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curb damage 20's

I went to the super dome today to see a car show and i hit a curb in there horribly designed parking garage. My question is, is there anything i can do to help my rim i mean it looks MESSED up and i want to use a diffrent word. i guess i got about a 1 foot section around the rim with scrapes one rim im so depressed im just wondering if there is anything to do or am i screwed and have to get it re-chromed....any help would be so greatfully appreciated.

Syeth

Old 01-15-2002, 11:56 PM
Question

Strange. I thought I posted a reply to this thread yesterday. Suddenly there are 0 reply.

Alright! Who kicked the server?!? Huh? huh?

Old 01-26-2002, 02:27 PM
Damage

You can send out the wheels to get repaired.I would invest
in a set of Falken Zieks tires.They have a built in rim saver.If
you spend tons on wheels, it's well worth it.The falkens look and
handle great.They saved my rims several times.

Old 01-26-2002, 11:55 PM
Question

What the heck is a rim saver?? How does it work?

Old 01-27-2002, 09:31 PM
The rim saver is just a built in lip on the tires that stick out just a little past the edge of the rim so you don't scratch them if you happen to take them off and lay them down or something. I guess they would help somewhat on curbs...pending you don't hit too hard.

Old 01-28-2002, 04:34 PM
TOYO PROXES also have the rim protection and better quality than the Falkens

Old 02-10-2002, 12:16 AM
What kind of wheel is it?

If it's an aluminum billet wheel, then you might be in luck to make it look a little better. Best thing to do is get the wheel dismounted so it will be easier to work on. Get a very fine file and smooth out any of the ruff spots. Then you can get various grades of sandpaper and keep sanding, starting with a low grit and working your way to a very fine grit as you work out all the imperfections. Block sanding works best, as it keeps you from sanding low spots into your wheel. Once you have sanded it as smooth as you can get it, then get a buffing wheel with some jewelers rouge and polish the wheel. This won't look perfect, but it will definitely make it look better.

If it's a steel wheel with chrome, try and find a wheel repair shop in your town and take it to them. If it just ground the outer edge you can try the file mehtod and smooth it out.

Good luck man. It's a bummer when you spend a lot of money on nice rims and something like this happens.

Quick Reply: Curb damage 20's