Aftermarket Tires & Wheels, and Offset

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Tires & Wheels, and Offset

I am fairly new to this site, and though I did plenty of researching on here I could not find a thread that relates to exactly what I'm talking about so I figured I would just start this one. I have a 2010 f150 platinum 4x4. It is not leveled or lifted, and has the stock 20x8.5 wheels. I want a little bit of that "lifted" look but not too much, and more room for slightly larger tires, so I think I am going to purchase a 2.5" level for the front with a 1.5" set of blocks to even out the back. I am in the market for new rims and tires for the summer, and have settled on the Fuel Krank 20x9 wheels. My one question is what offset can I have so that everything will fit in the wheel well (no rubbing or need to trim anything or add extra spacers or any modifications), but so that the tire juts out a little? I only want the tire sticking out maybe an inch. Nothing too aggressive. While researching all this I read that the factory wheel has an offset of around +40, and to me it seems pretty flush with the outside of the truck. I looked at negative offsets and even a 0 offset and most of those looked to stick way further out than I want. Would around a +14 make the tires stick out how I want? And would that fit in my truck without any issues, or would I need to go up to +18 or +20? Last question is, what size tires would fit well for this? I want the largest possible that would fit for that wheel and with the level I mentioned earlier, that again won't result in any issues or need to do modifications. I doubt 35's will fit, but how about 33's or 34's? I am looking at the nitto terra grappler, or something similar to it. Any pictures of your offsets would be great. Thank you!