wheel bearing torqor

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wheel bearing torqor

I need the torque value for my front bearing 2wheel drive 2003 150 4.6., and advise on seating the wheel bearing.

Thank you

Old 11-17-2016, 09:46 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
The way I always did it is to tighten the spindle nut while spinning the wheel by hand until the nut was snug and there was no play in the bearing. Then I woud back off the nut until the wheel turned freely and installed the cotter pin. The following instruction came out of a manual but I couldn't find the specified torque.

Installation
1. To install, reverse removal procedure. On 4WD vehicles, position the brake disc to the wheel hub. Use
Metal Brake Parts Cleaner (F3AZ-19579-SA), or equivalent, to clean the brake disc and hub.
2. On 2WD vehicles, inspect and thoroughly clean front wheel bearings, hub and disc. Apply grease and
pack front wheel bearings. Use Premium Long-Life Grease (XG-1-C or -K), or equivalent, meeting Ford
specification ESA-M1C75-B. Install the inner front wheel bearing. Install a NEW wheel hub grease seal.
3. While rotating the brake disc and hub, tighten the spindle nut to specification. See TORQUE
SPECIFICATIONS . Loosen the spindle nut two turns.
4. Tighten the spindle nut to specification while rotating the brake disc and hub. See TORQUE
SPECIFICATIONS .
5. Install the nut retainer, cotter pin and grease cap.
6. On all vehicles, to complete installation, reverse removal procedures.