ABS Module Replacement

Old 06-15-2015, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS Module Replacement

well guys im in need of some help. My abs Module has shorted out so ive got to get a new one..i took it to a local shop and they told me for part it would be 600.0 and labor would be about 400 to get all done it would obviously cost me 1,000 i am trying to find the part for cheaper if at all possible so i can take it to the shop and it not cost me 1,000 to fix my truck.I have an 04 f-150 xlt..Any help would be greatly appreciated cause honestly i dont have that kinda money to drop right now...

Thanks
Cassie

Old 06-15-2015, 04:28 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
Well, the wholesale price on a rebuilt module is about $225 so this isn't going to be cheap no matter what you do. $400 labor does sound excessive.

Old 06-15-2015, 04:30 PM
i kinda figured it wasn't going to be cheap but 600 for the part itself seemed kinda insane just not wanting to get ripped off..

Old 06-24-2015, 12:11 PM
Have you tried scrap yards? Maybe you could get one out of a truck that was totalled but the ABS wasn't damaged.

Of course there is more risk of that part failing (vs buying new).

If you can find someone to help you install it then do it yourself... just label all the brake lines and it should be plug and play. You'll have to do a full bleed. The "new-to-you" ABS module should already be full of brake fluid so no need to cycle the valves when bleeding.

The biggest risk would be stripping a tube nut when taking out the brake lines (if they are seized). Use EXTREME CAUTION with penetrating oils... anything that is mineral oil based will trash the brake system. If you need them to brake open the lines, immediately rinse with isopropyl alcohol as soon as you get the tube nut free.

If you don't have the help to DIY - maybe its worth spending the extra money to ensure you get a good part since you are going to pay to have it installed.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:17 PM
check the web. these units abs Modules short out sometime make the pump run when truck is turned off. A rebuilt unit is better than used or new. They fix the real problem in these for good. You can remove it and send it to the rebuild-er and save some bucks. Don't know if this is any help to you??
http://www.myairbags.com/abs.php?gcl...FcYkgQodC-gM6Q

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS Module Replacement